Skip to comments.Steve Jobs Funeral To Be Picketed By Westboro Church
Posted on 10/06/2011 7:15:26 AM PDT by Daffynition
Fringe religious organization Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket former Apple CEO Steve Jobs funeral, according to a tweet by top member Margie J Phelps.
(Excerpt) Read more at webpronews.com ...
WBC has one mission: Make religions look bad.
This is their best forum to date.
That “church” is a hotspot for evil.
I guess the ‘Burros want to be seen as equal opportunity haters, so they’ve added this lefty icon to their list.
I’d almost be disappointed in them if they didn’t.
Certain religions have major problems ... and it shows.
There are going to be people there who won't care about American law ~ so, what can I say?!
Can I say this, the Phelps clan is in serious danger of disappearing somewhere. Don't they know how many Buddhists and Taoists have employment that depends on Steve's marketing concepts?
It is more than religion. They are leftists under the umbrella of a church. I would not be surprised to soon see them with Wall St. groups, if they are not already there.
Good. I want to hear the Left comment on this group now that the group is attacking one of their own. Jobs was a dyed in the wool liberal and big Dem contributor.
I think most folks know that these id’jets are a freakin’ joke by now. They’ve gone from fostering outrage to just being laughed at.
I laugh at them and their “god”. We all should.
How on earth can this phony ‘Baptist Church’ be defeated or rendered impotent?
This has to be the most diabolical and successful perverted use of a ‘religious name affiliation’ in the annals of Piven/Alinsky.
Could “Atheists for Christian Ethics” (ACE) work?
The best part is? Margie Phelps sent the tweet from an iPhone.
Jobs was just another rich man who made us all richer and more prosperous whether we ever used an Apple product or not. Created more jobs directly and indirectly than all politicians combined.
So....they are protesting the mother who chose NOT to abort, but chose to put SJ up for adoption, and also protest the gracious (and heterosexual) parents who chose to adopt him? What a bunch of idiots!
They aren’t Baptists in spite of the name. They are Tachomites. They even have their own scriptures that supersede the Bible and Phelps has a higher standing than Jesus to them.
Without a pet dog the Buddhists don't care what kind of Tachomite Phelps is. He's just another punk threatening their electronics manufacturing facilities.
Their level of validation is in direct proportion to the level at which they are noticed and tolerated. Someone needs to stuff them in a dumpster with 5 gal. of kerosene and a hot Zippo.
Good gad. Where are these loons getting the money to do this?!
One church I would not mind seeing burned down!
This is actually getting funny.
If Jesus returned, they'd picket against Jesus: "GOD HATES FAGS! GO AWAY JESUS, YOU FAG!"
This episode shows they are buffoonish.
Begin mocking them, relentlessly.
" What does Fred Phelps actually believe? It is, somehow, even weirder than you expected:
"...In fact, it appears that Westboro has created not just an incredibly vulgar and non-Christlike approach to homosexuality, but that it's working on a new religion altogether, complete with new scriptures.
"Members of WBC generally avoid the name "Christian" when referring to themselves, preferring the mysterious term "Tachmonite." This apparently refers to a servant of King
"The Tachmonites believe Phelps is "the last prophet," with the power to determine who will be damned and who will be saved. They themselves, as followers of Phelps, also have the power to condemn souls to hell. Most people are destined for hell, but "Good Samaritans" who help the Tachmonites (for example, police officers who prevent counter-protesters from assaulting them) may be offered an indeterminate "reward" for their good conduct. Apparently "sola fide" is not part of the Tachmonites' creed.
"The new scriptures consist of the group's own writings, which are divided into two categories: "delectable epics" and "letters to heretics."
"The "delectable epics" (the term is the group's) are based loosely on Acts in the New Testament. The epics detail the Tachmonites' various protests against gays, President Bush, Elton John concerts, and the military and portray the Tachmonites alternately as invincible "super heroes" and defenseless victims of brutal rage. Some of the epics are in prose, and some in poetry.
[And there's more...]
Mock them, relentlessly.
That's how to shut them down.
Is there nothing these folks can’t profane? I hope the bikers are out in force like when the Westboro group pickets military funerals.
I don’t want to go to their site, why are they protesting Jobs, because he wanted to live? WTH?
Church of Westboro vs the Church of Apple
This will not end well.
Gee since Al Gore is on the board of Apple maybe they can all get a new photo together?
They’re a truly hateful group.
This will not end well.
For the Church of Westboro? No... It will affect the 'Church of Apple' not a whit...
It’s ok. One of Steve’s last inventions before he left was a program which will delete the Westboro wackjobs.
The first time it’s a tragedy, the second time a farce!
Mr. Jobs had a lot to say about *karma.*
Below are a few ways of dealing with them that hopefully will limit your intense disgust at these foul-mouthed losers from Kansas.
1. Do not get too close Many of their successful lawsuits come from people assaulting them. I mean, if you see a couple of jerkoffs who traveled halfway across the country to protest at your best friends funeral, youd be bothered too. Avoid physical contact
2. Keep your cool No need to rile them up. Keep in mind these are just words, and, while deliberately made to be as hurtful as possible, they cant actually physically hurt you. If you try to threaten them or in any way bother them, theyll leave.
3. Make out Uh, if you were a part of a giant, cult-like, hate-filled family, imagine how angry youd be if you saw other people making out. Thatd annoy you, Id imagine. Bring a boyfriend. Bring a girlfriend. Bring multiple friends. Kiss in front of them, effectively melting their hearts (just kidding, but your love will counterbalance their hate to some degree).
4. Not Today, Fred This is a great sign. Fred Phelps heads up whatever you want to call them (they arent a church since no church recognizes them as such). Let him know youre not okay with him today. My God loves everyone.
5. Raise money For every minute they protest, have people contribute money. Youd be surprised how energized an 81 year old man can be by hate alone. Usually theres a few of them, I guess they take turns protesting everything on Earth.
6. Make a website called Godhates____.com and refuse them the weblink This is a good idea. They have websites like GodhatesAmerica.com, GodhatesSweden.com, and so on. Block this problem. Create sites like GodhatesBelgium.com or Godhateslefthandedpeople.com or Godhatesitwhenpeanutbutterstickstotheroofofyourmouth.com. Creating these limits the amount of websites they have, or at least bothers them. Apparently one of the members of this cult is fairly skilled with website layout. I have zero idea of how that happened.
7. Counter-Protesting in General Every time Ive counter-protested some ridiculous group (something that happens quite often in New York) Ive ended up meeting great people. So while they are awful, countering their arguments is fairly easily. You know, you just might make a new friend.
8. Call a couple of Motorcyclists to Protect you A motorcycle club who acts as a buffer between the Westboro Baptist Church and normal people. They go around the country, helping others just like you. The Patriot Guard Riders are a great group of peoples.
9. Ignore them This goes under the age old advice to dealing with internet trolls: dont feed the trolls. By paying attention to them you encourage their behavior. If youre unable to do this, to ignore their awfulness, feel free to use the other tips.
10. Go to the UK They cant go there. Under the UKs quintessentially English-named law Least Wanted List they are barred from ever entering the country.
Basically, ignoring them is the best strategy.
They are in the business of suing. That’s how they make their moolah.
That’s the comic irony.
They’re so dumb, they didn’t even recognize the blazing irony of their tweet. Morons.
Three times and you were unemployed. Then, there were those days when Obama had a major demonstration/riot scheduled and the highways were blocked in the vicinity of his premier high sales store ~ at Tysons Corner.
While Obama's entourage was on the move all traffic was blocked. Apple proved unable to adapt to the idea that their employees were BLOCKED from getting to work in all directions and all because their master's master Obama was out and about.
To a degree Apple's management structure operates on some fairly stupid and abusive approaches. Eventually it will collapse ~ like every other method Jobs came up with to push product.
Just thinking, Steve Jobs crowd could probably attract all the Hells Angels now out of jail to do the job of keeping the Phelps clan away ~ then they could do a really serious beatdown most everybody would applaud.
Thats the comic irony.
Indeed, FRiend. :)