Skip to comments.Woman Escapes Snake Bite… Killed by Wasp
Posted on 09/16/2013 3:00:47 PM PDT by nickcarraway
A Saudi woman was bitten by a poisonous snake while walking back home in her village in the Gulf Kingdom but survived after having treatment at hospital.
Three weeks later, she was bitten by a wasp and died.
The 26-year-old woman was returning home from a shop in her village nearly 130km from the southwestern town of Najran, when she was bitten by the snake.
She was rushed to hospital where she was treated with antibiotics and discharged a few days later after she fully recovered, Sabq newspaper said.
Three weeks later, the woman was bitten by a wasp and was taken to the same hospital, but she died just as she was admitted, it said.
Shades of “Final Destination”
I have never heard of anyone getting ‘bitten’ by a wasp
More likely she was stung by the wasp.
What kind of wasps and hornets do they have over there?
Why didn’t her male escort help her with the wasp?
And if she didn’t have a male escort why wasn;t she stoned to death posthumously?
"Geez - I HATE when that happens ..."
Our rates are very high these days, and alas not everyone girl afford them.
Probably anaphylactic shock, something that happens to some victims of wasp and bee stings. Indeed, I knew a man to whom the same thing happened. It was in Missouri.
She dishonored the family by being the victim of a snake. The wasp (if that’s what it was) must have been a gift from the father, brothers, or husband.
Years ago, when I was lifeguarding, a bumble bee tangled itself in my hair and started stinging me on the head. As the pool manager worked to get the bee out, it bit him repeatedly.
My dad lives in a neighborhood where pit bulls are known to run free, so when he walks his dog he carries a can of wasp spray with him. Hasn’t had to use it yet.
The same thing happened to me when I was about ten. I was stung by a honey bee, I think, and broke out in huge hives within minutes. My mom put me in the bathtub and put cold water on me, but that did not help.
I was getting delirious and began having trouble breathing.
Fortunately, a neighbor came by who said I had to go to hospital right now.
He was right.
I have been stung since then a few times and never came close to anaphylactic shock.
Clerk Uses Bug Spray on Would-Be Robber - Texas.”
Last Friday evening I was on the way home from a women’s group meeting at church in an adjacent town. Was stopped by one of the local wanna-be’s and given a ticket because my right rear tail light was burned out.
I had a can of wasp spray laying on the passenger seat and he asked what it was for so, thinking quickly, told him I had a wasp nest starting near my front door and I didn’t want to get stung so carried it with me when I walked from my car to the front door. He informed me it was illegal to use it on people in Texas and I suggested he might want to be sure about that before he tries to tell anyone else. Didn’t ask if I had a gun and/or permit and I didn’t volunteer. Guess he doesn’t think grannies carry.
When I was watching the news and the reporter related the story about the clerk using bug spray, she, too, stated that it was illegal to use it on humans. These folks need to get their facts right. Just because it doesn’t say so on the instructions for use, it is an effective deterrent.
You are a very naughty non-pc individual !
My guess is the original article was not in English and something was lost in the translation.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.