Skip to comments.Saddam Regime Document: Saddam Ordered The Use of Chemical Weapons in Northern Iraq (Translation)
Posted on 03/23/2006 11:38:46 AM PST by jveritas
Document CMPC 2004-002219 has many letters that discuss the order of Saddam Hussein to use Chemical Weapons in Northern Iraq against who they call agents of Iran, and they are mainly Kurds followers of Massoud Al Barazani, Saddam regime call them The Destroyers, but of course many civilian died in these Chemical attacks because Chemical weapons deadly effects spread much larger than the area where it hit. Page 1 is a letter dated April/8/1987 talks about the final decision to hit the Kurds with Special Ammunition (Chemical Weapons). Then page 4 and 5 are from a letter dated a week earlier March /31/1987 were the Saddam Intelligence are discussing the way to conduct the strike with Chemical Weapons and in this letter they were very clear about the meaning of Special Ammunition where they identified it as MUSTARD AGENT where it is called in letter as AAMEL AL KHARDAL where AAMEL =AGENT (chemical agent that is), and AL KHARDAL = MUSTARD, and this letter mentions another chemical agent called in Arabic as AAMEL AL ZAYEN i.e. AL ZAYEN AGENT, I need to find out what is the meaning of AL ZAYEN may be it is nerve agent or blistering agent, it an Arabic chemical word that I need to find out what it means..
Translation of Page 1
In the Name of God the Most Merciful the Most Compassionate
The Directory Of General Military Intelligence
The First Cooperative- Section 3
Mr. The Assistant
Subject: The Deployment of The Special Ammunition
1. Upon the suggestion of our Directory we obtained the approval of the Presidency of the Republic-Secretary to conduct a strike with the Special Ammunition to the headquarters to Iran agents in the basin (Takiyeh, Blakajar) that belongs to the side of Kerah Dagh and the basin (Blisan) on the main road Jwarkonah-Gleifan and not to conduct the strike until after the informing of the Presidency of the Republic-Secretary on how to invest it.
2. Based on the order of the Presidency above it is relayed in a letter to the Army Chief of Staff (1st Corp and 5th Corp and copy to us) the following:
A. Conduct operations to strike the agents of Iran and the Khomeini Guards in the indicated places in paragraph 1 above with the Special Ammunition.
B. The 1st Corp do the preparation of a plan to invest the strike in the basin (Takiyeh, Blakajar) and present it in front of Mr. The Chief of the Army Staff during the visit of his lordship to the headquarters of the Corp on April 9th.
C. The leadership of the 1st and 5th Corp prepare the common plan to strike the headquarters of agent of Iran in the basin (Balisan) and send it to the Chairmanship of the Army Staff to decide on it.
D. The Special Ammunition team will be sent to the 1st Corp on the day of 7 April 87 to present the advisory.
3. We will follow the actions.
Conductor of the Third Section
6 April 87.
End of Translation of Page 1
The Special Ammunition are Chemical weapons as other top secret (Top confidential) letter in this document clearly states that. This letter was written on March 31 1987 and it discusses the study to conduct the strike with Chemical weapons. Here is a partial translation of the letter, pages 3 and 4 of the document, paragraphs 1 and 5, that proves that.
Partial translation of the letter on March 31 1987 (from page 3 pargraph 1 and page 4, paragraph 5).
Translation of Page 3 paragraph 1
Directory of the General Military Intelligence
Top secret and Confidential
To: The Chief of Army Staff
Subject: The Deployment of The Special Ammunition
1. Mr. President the Leader (God protect him) had ordered our Directory to study with the specialists to conduct a sudden strike (to the bases of Khomeini Guards within the headquarters of the destroyers in the 1st branch of Barazani Gang) with the Special Ammunition and the possibility of executing it in any of the following means (Air force- Army aviation- Artillery).
Translation of page 4 Paragraph 5
5. Our Directory suggested to conduct the strike to the to two targets indicated above in (3) during this period and use two third of the available in the Special Ammunition (The AL Zayen Agent) and in addition to one third of the available in the Special Ammunition (The Mustard Agent) and preserve the remaining for the emergency situations in the sectors of operations.
6. The letter of the Presidency of The Republic-Secretary top secret and confidential and immediate 953/965/K on 29 March 87 that includes the following: (the approval to conduct the strike was obtained and to invest the result so that the intention is not only to hurt the destroyers to take what is necessary and with the coordination of the designated Corp and inform us before the start of the strike)
Please review and your order to execute what came in the letter of the Presidency of the Republic-Secretary above and let us know. Yours With regards
Director of the General Military Intelligence
You are wowing us!
Halliburton must hav ecreated it. Everyone knows that Saddam had no WMDs and besides, our troops lost them.
Cant be true, the case hasnt been made for saddam and wmd..
You efforts and talents will make Free Republic one of the largest stars on the internet map. Thank you so much.
Why the heck wasn't the analysis of these documents included in the Senate Intelligence investigation?
Go, JV, go!
Impossible,....Saddam had no WMD's!!!
Saddam Regime Document: Saddam Ordered The Use of Chemical Weapons in Northern Iraq (Translation)
Release/Translation of Classified PreWar Docs ping. If you want to be added or removed to the ping list, please Freepmail me.
Please add the keyword prewardocs to any articles pertaining to this subject.
Thank you for your efforts in translating. You make us all proud.
Thank you jveritas for your tireless efforts. You are awesome!
Are we using the single keyword PREWARDOCS for all of the related docs?
I think these are letters from 1987. There is no dispute that SH had used chemicals on the kurds and Iranians.
Indeed our fellow freeper eyespysomething is organizing all these documents under PREWARDOCS. Great thanks to eyespysomething :)
Well, actually, there are a lot of people running around saying that Iraq NEVER had chemical weapons. It is a completely unsustainable argument, but it's out there.
Short Answer: "Senate Intelligence" is an oxymoron.
These documents are from 1987 and the actions by Saddam taken were well documented already. Basically, it is old news backed up by new documents.
Thank you all. Let us reveal the horror of this Saddam regime, his connections to Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups, and his WMD's. No doubt about it that we did a great service to our security, the security of the world and to humanity by taking this evil man and his regime down.
If you speak Arabic, please take a look a this document, which was released on Monday. A Synopsis of the document, which is dated some time in 2002, has now been posted on the Foreign Military Studies Office site:
IIS [Iraqi intelligence] report on Kurdish activities, mention of Kurdish reporting on Al Qaida, reference to Al Qaida presence in Salman Pak.
The English summary that is part of the PDF document itself reads:
They are talking about American came from the North. Also they informed about Al Qaida groups and about foreign man (Malkrikav) in Norway he is one of the Al Qaida.
Salman Pak is a town near Baghdad; it is best known as the site of an Iraqi military facility that reportedly was used to train terrorists before the war. We'd like to hear from anyone who can translate the document.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.