Skip to comments.Ted Kennedy's KGB Correspondence (Aiding the enemy as the enemy)
Posted on 06/22/2010 8:46:33 PM PDT by This Just In
Ted Kennedy's KGB Correspondence
By Kevin Mooney on 6.22.10 @ 6:08AM
Sen. Edward M. Kennedy's self-serving, secret correspondence with Soviet agents during the height of the Cold War included proposals for collaborative efforts designed to undermine official U.S. policy set by Democratic and Republican administrations, KGB documents show.
With the media now reporting on the late senator's just released Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) file, now is an opportune time for a more expansive investigation into Kennedy's KGB contacts. The agency took a keen interest in a 1961 "fact-finding" trip the Massachusetts Democrat took to Mexico and other parts of Latin America where he may have had contact with communist agents, according to the file.
However, the 2,352 pages of FBI files that cover a period ranging from 1961 to 1985 only tell a small part of the story and do not mention Kennedy's overtures to Soviet officials. These did not become known outside of Moscow until several years after Cold War tensions receded.
Kennedy's long history with the KGB is well documented, but underreported. It remains available through the writings of the now deceased Vasiliy Mitrokhin, who defected to Britain from the Soviet Union in 1992, and a separate 1983 memo addressed to then General Secretary Yuri Andropov. Kennedy's actions occurred at the expense of presidential authority and in violation of federal law, according to academics and scholars who are familiar with the documents.
The Mitrokhin papers highlight a meeting that took place at the behest of Kennedy between former Sen. John Tunney (D-Calif.) and KGB agents in Moscow on March 5, 1980. The information exchanged during this encounter is included as part of a report Mitrokhin filed with the Cold War International History Project of the Woodrow Wilson Center in Washington D.C.
(Excerpt) Read more at spectator.org ...
The Lion of the Senate...
The Lyin’ of the Senate.
May he burn in Hell for eternity. Amen.
ping for later..
I bet Ted Kennedy was the only person impressed by Leonid Brezhnev.
His burial at Arlington is nothing short of desecration
His remains should be exhumed and returned to his family for burial on less hallowed ground. The Kremlin walls seem appropriate.
Imagine the things that will eventually ‘come out’ about obumbles one day...stuff we pretty much know but...
The media's done more sweeping than reporting with the administration.
One of the best events of the last year was ridding ourselves of the last vestiges of a dangerous and dysfunctional criminal family!
Why would he be interested in talking to the KGB when his brother was president?
“The media’s done more sweeping than reporting with the administration.”
Which is exactly why we must continue to publish and circulate these facts.
The anatomy of a goal:
Communist Goals (1963)
Congressional Record—Appendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman’s request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following “Current Communist Goals,” which she identifies as an excerpt from “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen:
[From “The Naked Communist,” by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture—education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use [”]united force[”] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
"Underreported"? Is that what it's called?
You are answering your own question...
We don't know that!
The only thing that we can say for sure is that the treasonous fat bastard has been on the wagon for the last almost exactly ten months...
Well, they got the Democrats but the GOP probably isn't worth fighting over...
Was he ever in the military? If not, why was he buried there?
Just don;t light any matches around his grave. Could be quite the explosion!
“...GOP probably isn’t worth fighting over...”
Don’t be a Useful Idiot of the Left. Or as I refer to such skeptics: The Lefts Crash Test Dummies.
The RINO’s do not represent the entire GOP. I won’t throw the baby out with the bath water.
The Traitor of the Senate.
I do not believe the GOP is so inept as to be oblivious to the Communist goal. Many of them simply want the power and influence which comes with a high political position, and are simply men of lesser character and integrity. Their own ambition overrides their obligation to uphold the Constitution and protect the rights of their constituents.
” Was he ever in the military? If not, why was he buried there? “
Those in power no longer feel the need for authority.
We had Rooskie reports after Yeltsin opened their archives. Reliable?
This article says now, since Sandwich Man is dead, the FBI has opened Kennedy's file. It corroborates the KGB files.
This makes all of them reliable.
Tunney is a traitor, too.
Turns out he was in the military. I had no idea.
Stuff him in the oil leak
Stuff him in the oil leak
Teddy Kennedy, Murderer, Communist Spy, Democrat.
“At least he’s still sober.”
But, I heard that they didn’t need to embalm his body...it was already pickled...
Dig the SOB up, try and convict of treason and trample the body into dust.
Sad thing is that you could tell all of the rat voters in MA this info, and that he manslaughtered that poor intern, and they would still vote for him. I guess you can’t fix stupid.
No wonder the Communist Left despised the House Committee on UnAmerican Activities. It was routing out Communist sympathizers working on behalf of the KGB to seditiously overthrow the American way of life.
And his putrid relative, Joe, is dealing with Chavez in Venezuela, no doubt plotting to undermine America and freedom again.
Treason from day one.
What does that have to do with Kennedy having Tunney speak to Soviet agents?
Good point. I think this is why GOP women are surging in the polls and primaries right now. The Good ol Boys have gone adrift...
Thanks for the ping, much appreciated.
Sadly, some of these women possess more spine than the men.
138-139: Kennedy invited to give keynote address at September 1978 World Health Organization meeting in Soviet Socialist Republic of Kazakhstan, decides to meet with Refuseniks on trip, asks advice from Tunney due to his business contacts in USSR and association with Karr in building hotel for 1980 Olympics, Karr is linked to Politburo functionary named Andrei with aide Natasha whom Tunney had spent time on Karrs yacht, Tunney tells Kennedy Natasha might be point of contact with Brezhnev regarding Refuseniks----------"The Senator: My Ten Years With Senator Ted Kennedy," BY Richard E. Burke, PP 138-13942 posted on 10/23/2006 3:00:35 PM PDT by Fedora | To 31
* Greg Craig : ...Greg Craig, recently lawyer for Castro — I mean Elian’s father — was highly involved in the anti-Contra legislation and support for the Sandinistas as Ted Kennedy’s senior for[e]ign policy aide. Craig is part of the Kerry campaign today and we do not need him in the State Department, perhaps even as Secretary of State.
4 posted on 09/02/2004 7:46:05 AM PDT by tallhappy
ON THE INTERNET: