Skip to comments.Mike Wallace Interview with Margaret Sanger 9/21/57
Posted on 04/08/2011 5:31:22 PM PDT by Jo Nuvark
Margaret Sanger, the leader of the birth control movement in America, talks to Wallace about why she became an advocate for birth control, over-population, the Catholic Church, and morality.
(Excerpt) Read more at hrc.utexas.edu ...
PRO LIFE PING!
This woman would have felt right at home in Hitler’s Germany.
Phillip Morris smokes - how politically incorrect!
From “The Pivot of Civilization” by Margaret Sanger (Chapter IV: The Fertility of the Feeble-Minded)
(3) Eugenics: Eugenics seems to me to be valuable in its critical and diagnostic aspects, in emphasizing the danger of irresponsible and uncontrolled fertility of the “unfit” and the feeble-minded establishing a progressive unbalance in human society and lowering the birth-rate among the “fit.” But in its so-called “constructive” aspect, in seeking to reestablish the dominance of healthy strain over the unhealthy, by urging an increased birth-rate among the fit, the Eugenists really offer nothing more farsighted than a “cradle competition” between the fit and the unfit. They suggest in very truth, that all intelligent and respectable parents should take as their example in this grave matter of child-bearing the most irresponsible elements in the community.
(1) United States Public Health Service: Psychiatric
Studies of Delinquents. Reprint No. 598: pp. 64-65.
(2) The Problem of the Feeble-Minded: An Abstract of the
Report of the Royal Commission on the Cure and Control of
the Feeble-Minded, London: P. S. King & Son.
(3) Cf. Feeble-Minded in Ontario: Fourteenth Report for
the year ending October 31st, 1919.
(4) Eugenics Review, Vol. XIII, p. 339 et seq.
(5) Dwellers in the Vale of Siddem: A True Story of the
Social Aspect of Feeble-mindedness. By A. C. Rogers and
Maud A. Merrill; Boston (1919).
What did Hannah Arendt call Nazism...banal evil?
Mike Wallace did a great job doing what a journalist is supposed to do.
I didn’t realize he was quite thorough and even-handed in this interview with this prime example of the demonic forces incarnate.
Despite the recent problems with the perverts who invaded the priesthood; the Church in her doctrine still (and always will) stand alone and in the direct path of contraception/abortion crowd.
Thanks for posting this, as it is timely now as it ever was.
She had her own built in birth control. She saw it every morning in the mirror. The same form of birth control Dr. Ruth used.
She admired Hitler.
OH MAN guess who got interview by Catcher Mitt
These words could have been spoken by Ebenezer Scrooge.
That was fascinating on so many levels; just the whole part where Wallace is extolling the virtues of his Philip Morris cig and smoking one during the interview...how far we have come from those days; the way he was questioning Sanger and her views as they conflicted with the Roman Catholic Church; and of course Sanger herself who eventually says the worst sin is bringing a child into the world who is diseased, or born into poverty. Right OUT of HER mouth!!
Did Margaret talk about how she wanted to eliminate little black babies from the world? I’m sure that was more pc back in ‘57. That the left (even now) embraces this absolute nutcase blows my mind.
I was thinking “Mike Wallace is still alive?” - then I saw the date.
Remarkably the same arguments and dancing the two step are being made today by liberals and those who favor abortion in the Progressive/ socialist/communist agenda.
What is quite amazing are the direct questions Wallace asked with not a thought to political correctness....stark contrast to how journalists and tv hosts tip toe around the facts and struggle to NOT say something which might jeopardize them in some way . No freedom of expression says it well...we have lost that now.
How wonderful to see Mike Wallace not only enjoy his cigarette on the set, put promote them. Equally disgusting were her self righteous comments that she doesn't smoke.
Amazing how clearly descriptive this video from the 50’s reveals the divisions between those who enjoy freedom and those who wish to curtail those freedoms in order to promote a death squad agenda....remain the same today. Thus we will have and always will be a divided country as long as we have the freedom to be just that and differ...and I like it that way very much.
She was at my parent's wedding a few years earlier, and told my mother to just take her time about having a baby.
I was born 7 months later. Full term.
Sorry Margaret. Didn't get me.