Skip to comments.Cops Subject Man To Rectal Searches, Enemas And A Colonoscopy In Futile Effort To Find Drugs
Posted on 11/06/2013 11:30:33 PM PST by Kegger
David Eckert, a resident of Deming, NM, was pulled over by police officers after failing to come to a complete stop at a stop sign. For whatever reason, the officers decided Eckert was hiding something, or perhaps they were unsatisfied that a routine stop hadn't blown up into something bigger. ...
1. Eckert's abdominal area was x-rayed; no narcotics were found.
2. Doctors then performed an exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.
3. Doctors performed a second exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.
4. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.
5. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a second time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.
6. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a third time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.
7. Doctors then x-rayed Eckert again; no narcotics were found.
8. Doctors prepared Eckert for surgery, sedated him, and then performed a colonoscopy where a scope with a camera was inserted into Eckert's anus, rectum, colon, and large intestines. No narcotics were found.
At no time did Eckert give his consent to these searches. The police did obtain a warrant to rectally search Eckert but that warrant itself was problematic.
(Excerpt) Read more at techdirt.com ...
This story was on Drudge. If as reported, I hope the guy winds up owning the whole dam* county.
An allegory for Obamacare or the NSA?
cop and doctors that invaded this mans body without his permission should be accused of a sex crime. A colonoscopy without written permission is sodomy with a an instrument. Put the cop on sex pervert on line list. He must get off on such things.
And now he flies private jet everwhere.
Fire them and toss em in jail, write one really large check and give him an annuity.
At least the man got a free colon cancer screening. Not even Obamacare promises that.
Nope. They sent him a $6000 bill for an invasive search that could NOT be used for cancer screening because he was not prepped by clearing out the colon. They've turned him over to collections since he refuses to pay.
It gets better. They did it to another man before this one.
X rays show balloons
He should sure as effjng hell sue those bastards
And people think Alien abduction is bad!
The LEO Union and widows fund should pay up , not the citizens.
But the important thing, is that these fine officers both returned home safely after 14 hours of anal cavity searching.
Here’s the thing. First, there’s a lawsuit against the cops and city....figure in the one to two million range. The city is likely examining their insurance policy and already know the magic amount of the deductible that they have to pay.
Second, there’s the case of the guy against the hospital and doctors. In this case....because of the type of insurance policies they have....I’d guess the range of the lawsuit closer to ten million.
The lawyer in this case will clear easily one million for his efforts....maybe even two million. This young guy affected? I’d quietly take the money and leave the state.
Somewhere down the line....this will be made into a movie and we will all marvel at the comedy of errors by the police and hospital. You’d think things like this only happen in Bolivia.
Glad that this story has legs. Hope that cops et. al. end up facing criminal charges too.
So does the plaintiffs court records.
I hope the victim owns that hospital after the settlement.
I saw you jump on this on another thread. I don’t care if they caught him with drugs the day before. The warrant was obtained because he had clenched buttocks and a UNLICENSED drug sniffing dog hit on his seat.
Unacceptable in this country, period.
Th warrant covered a search in Hildago County until 10:00 p.m. Since police couldn’t get the emergency room in that town and county to comply, they went to another county. And performed searches after the warrant expired.
Unacceptable in this country, period.
And after the first x-ray showed nothing, stop. But they didn’t, continuing with extremely invasive exams, repeatedly, for hours. And, other less invasive imaging techniques were available, but they chose to go so far as an operation that involved sedation, in and of itself extremely dangerous.
But, you are ok with that because he has a previous record?
To me, that is akin to saying it is ok to beat, rape, kill hookers because they are engaged in criminal activities.