Skip to comments.The Image of Our Lady of Guadalupe
Posted on 12/10/2007 4:33:54 PM PST by Salvation
The only true picture of the Mother of God To the Aztecs a message To the Spaniards a picture color, lines, stars, designs, rays, moon. all have meaning
Flowers and Songs
Mary appeared on Tepeyac, the hill was covered with flowers, surrounded by songs of the most beautiful birds
meaning: flowers and songs mean the full truth
Size of the image: 6 1/2' X 3 1/2' Mary adolescent, around 15, oval face, Mexican clear dark face, a little mother
as a caryatid, wings half open, sustain Our Lady red, white, blue in color the angel is holding both: the pink dress represents earth; the blue mantle represents heaven meaning: Heaven and earth are witnesses to the truth of the apparition message
Brightest gold - finest - royalty: as if woven, as if they would fall at touch 48 stars, 8 points; 22 on right, 26 on left show constellations that were in the sky at the time of the apparition 10:30 am December 12, 1531
pattern: The stars on one side represent the northern constellations, the others represent the southern constellations. Can see Venus the morning star, Virgo would fall on the hands, Leo on the womb, crown of stars on the head.
in Nahuatl the designs of gold thread as embroidered flowers of 8 petals represent mountains; the only 4-petal flower on womb just below sash in the center means life and movement
tied around the waist; symbol of pregnancy Central part of dress bulging - means She is with child
End of dress rolled back over the sleeves white fur means nobility - dressed in Jewish nobility - nothing Indian about it
joined in prayer of supplication, therefore not a goddess; there is someone greater than Her
stands on moon, horns up - Rev. 12:1 moon pagan god of night, providence, youth, war She is greater than the moon
mighty god; Our Lady blocks the sun behind Her She is brighter than the sun god
rays bright near body, fade out away from body 129 rays - 62 on right, 67 on left equidistant alternating forms: 1) straight like swords 2) undulating flames
because of rising sun - new life
surrounding the entire image
Please notify me via FReepmail if you would like to be added to or taken off the Catholic Discussion Ping List.
The Image as Pictograph — the Aztec Indians of Mexico understood the picture.pictograph instantly, falling on their knees.
The Image of Our Lady is actually an Aztec Pictograph which was read and understood quickly by the Aztec Indians.
1. THE LADY STOOD IN FRONT OF THE SUN She was greater than their dreaded sun-god “Huitzilopochtli”.
2. HER FOOT RESTED ON THE CRESCENT MOON She had clearly vanquished their foremost deity, the feather serpent “Quetzalcoatl”.
3. THE STARS STREWN ACROSS THE MANTLE She was greater than the stars of heaven which they worshipped. She was a virgin and the Queen of the heavens for Virgo rests over her womb and the northern crown upon her head. She appeared on December 12, 1531, for the stars that she wore are the constellation of stars that appeared in the sky that day!
4. THE BLUE-GREEN HUE OF HER MANTLE She was a Queen for she wears the color of royalty.
5. THE BLACK CROSS ON THE BROOCH AT HER NECK Her God was that of the Spanish Missionaries, Jesus Christ her son.
6. THE BLACK BELT She was with child for she wore the Aztec Maternity Belt.
7. THE FOUR-PETAL FLOWER OVER THE WOMB She was the “Mother of God.” The flower was a special symbol of life, movement and deity the center of the universe.
8. HER HANDS ARE JOINED IN PRAYER She was not God but clearly there was one greater than Her and she pointed her finger to the cross on her brooch.
9. THE DESIGN ON HER ROSE-COLORED GARMENT She is the “Queen of the Earth,” for she is wearing a map of Mexico telling the Indians exactly where the apparition took place.
I had a friend tell me that she could see an image of the Sacred Heart on the hands of Our Lady of Guadalupe with the cross reaching out into the fingers.
Have any of you noticed that?
My wife and I had custody of her grandchildren awarded to us on Dec. 8th, 2003, Feast of the Immaculate Conception, after intense prayer to Blessed Virgin Mary. Also gave support to me during a particularly difficult time and gave me strength to present the case in court on numerous occasions (pro se). Note: The girls' mother did nothing wrong; just a matter of her medical conditions. The girls are doing great -- K and 1st grade.
Gpd bless you as you undertake the care of these young five and six year olds. Wow!
A very humble and prayerful *Bump* ! . . .
I have a poster of Our Lady of Guadalupe that a friend brought back from Mexico for me. Our Lady has dark hair and skin.
bumpus ad summum
Thanks for the bump, ET
I enlarged the holy card above looking for the Sacred Heart and her hands are very dark. I believe in the link that has “Amazing” in it above, it talks about her image being that of the native Indians, like St. Juan Diego.
Huh? Never heard that before.
Thanks for the Bump!
Such a beautiful miracle!
We must ask Our Lady of Guadalupe to ask God for another miracle in our country, and throughout the world, to save the unborn babies.
1. The image to this date, cannot be explained by science.
2. The image shows no sign of deterioration after 450 years! The tilma or cloak of Juan Diego on which the image of Our Lady has been imprinted, is a coarse fabric made from the threads of the maguey cactus. This fiber disintegrates within 20-60 years!
3. There is no under-sketch, no sizing and no protective over-varnish on the image.
4. Microscopic examination revealed that there were no brush strokes.
5. The image seems to increase in size and change colors due to an unknown property of the surface and substance of which it is made.
6. According to Kodak of Mexico, the image is smooth and feels like a modern-day photograph. (It was produced 300 years before the invention of photography.)
7. The image has consistently defied exact reproduction, whether by brush or camera.
8. Several images can be seen reflected in the eyes of the Virgin. It is believed to be the images of Juan Diego, Bishop Juan de Zummaraga, Juan Gonzales, the interpreter and others.
9. The distortion and place of the images are identical to what is produced in the normal eye which is impossible to obtain on a flat surface.
10. The stars on Our Lady's Mantle coincide with the constellation in the sky on December 12, 1531. All who have scientifically examined the image of Our Lady over the centuries confess that its properties are absolutely unique and so inexplicable in human terms that the image can only be supernatural!
My wife and I attribute the adoption of our oldest son to Our Lady of Guadalupe.
After years of not being able to have children, my wife and I started looking into adoption. We started attending seminars on adoption. But with all the emphasis on open adoption and all the fear mongering in the drive-by-media, we weren't sure if that was what we should do.
One day, my wife was looking for something to read, and she came across a book on Our Lady of Guadalupe. She'd forgotten the story, so she decided to read it, and was just blown away by the words of Our Lady:
Listen and let it penetrate into your heart. . . . Do not be troubled or weighed down with grief. Do not fear any illness or vexation, anxiety or pain. Am I not here who am your Mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection? Am I not your fountain of life? Are you not in the folds of my mantle? In the crossing of my arms? Is there anything else that you need?
She decided to pray for the intercession of Our Lady of Guadalupe. What should we do? Should we try to adopt? Or are we just not meant to have kids?
Less than two hours later, my wife received a phone call from a friend of her from high school. (We hadn't told anyone we were thinking of adopting.) Her friend said, "I have an unusual question for you. Have you and Dan ever thought about adopting? The only reason why I ask is because my parents were just in Rome, and they had lunch with an American adoption attorney who's representing a birth mother that's looking for a very specific type of adoptive parents. And the parents she described sounded just like you two."
Well anyway, my wife and I both took that as a sign. We contacted the attorney, met the birth mother, and got along great.
Three days after he was born, the birth mother handed our son Kevin to us, completely at peace with her decision. We all agree that this is precisely what God wanted.
Since then, we've adopted two more children (Vivian and Sean). Kevin is now seven years old. We tell him that it was Our Lady of Guadalupe that gave him to us.
Thank you for that message. It is one I will save in a folder I have.
That is one of the main tenants of their new “revelation”
Roman Catholics always just seem to put Mormons in with those “other Protestants”. Might want to do a bit of research. They are NOT orthodox Christians.
Thank you Salvation,here’s a bump.
Supernatural doesn't sit well with the atheists. Maybe that's why God throws mankind a loop every once in a while (smile).
The scientific facts about the image of our Lady of Guadalupe on St. Juan Diego’s tilma cause many to claim that Glaudalupe is the greatest miracle of modern times.
There is also lots of information in the links above.
Thanks, A.A. for your input. The scientific viewpoint here is ssooooooooo powerful here.
**Do not fear any illness or vexation, anxiety or pain. Am I not here who am your Mother?**
Your story definitely indicates that your wife’s prayers were answered...........and within 24 hours. Wow!
Aware of that. Now if we can just educate the rest of the world without sounding anti-anything.
Happy Feast Day!
bump to read later
The History of Our Lady of Guadalupe [Ecumenical]
2 Questions related to Faith & Apologetics. A Feast day & Our Lady of Guadalupe [Catholic Caucus]
The Image of Our Lady of Guadalupe
Our Lady of Guadalupe called 'Mother Without Borders' in Los Angeles (Catholic Caucus)
Hernándo Cortés and Our Lady
Our Lady of Guadalupe, Patroness of the Church Militant (Catholic Caucus)
Scientists certify Our Lady of Guadalupe tilma
STRANGE LIGHT CLAIMED IN GUADALUPE IMAGE AFTER MEXICO CITY OKAYED ABORTION
STRANGE LIGHT CLAIMED IN GUADALUPE IMAGE AFTER MEXICO CITY OKAYED ABORTION -- posted on News Forum
The Story of Guadalupe: Hope for Our Violent World
Our Lady of Guadalupe: Protectress of the Unborn
Was Our Lady of Guadalupe Wrong?
METHODIST CHURCH DISPLAYS VIRGIN OF GUADALUPE
GUADALUPE DEVOTION IS CROSSING INTO PROTESTANT DENOMINATIONS
A Novena to Our Lady of Guadalupe
Relic From Guadalupe Tilma to Tour U.S.
The Amazing Truth of Our Lady of Guadalupe
Our Lady Of Guadalupe
Celebrating 470 years of an ongoing miracle, the apparition of Our Lady of Guadalupe 1531
Science Stunned by Virgin of Guadalupe´s Eyes