Skip to comments.Ten reasons to vote for Topinka (Vanity)
Posted on 11/06/2006 8:17:48 PM PST by Mr. Silverback
I have maligned her, if you can indeed malign a liberal pro-abort. I've referred to her quite often as "Blago in a dress." I even--boy, this was painful--voted for the clueless "Taliban Jim" Oberweis in an effort to keep her away from the nomination. But tomorrow I will be putting a clothespin on my nose and voting for Judy Baar Topinka, and here are the reasons why:
1. Blagojevich forced pharmacists to fill prescriptions that they felt were murderous. Topinka, while believing that the scripts should be filled, has said that if she had been governor she would have met with pharmacists to try to find a compromise. The difference between those two positions is the difference between being a fascist and being merely wrong.
2. Topinka opposes using taxpayer dollars to pay for abortions. Blagojevich is happy to foot the bill.
3. Topinka supports parental notification. In answer to a Daily Herald questionnaire on the issue, she wrote: "Today, a child in Illinois cannot be given an aspirin at school without parental approval, but we would allow that same child to go to a stranger and have an invasive medical procedure without her family even being informed." Meanwhile, if some 22 year old wants to bring his 13 year old girlfriend to the local abortuary no questions asked, Blago gives it the big thumbs-up.
4. Topinka supports a school choice tax credit to help people afford to take their kids out of government schools. Blago is dead set against it.
5. Topinka supports filters on school and library Internet systems. Blago opposes them.
6. Topinka is 100% solid on 2nd Amendment rights. Blago even called her a shill for the NRA. They endorsed her four years ago, and they are endorsing her today.
7. Consider the undying love Blago got for his fascist approach to pharmacists, and the derision Topinka gets for agreeing with most Americans on parental notification and taxpayer-funded child-killing:
Outside of the state of Illinois, he is known as one of the most pro-choice governors and has done more to protect womens reproductive health than just about anyone. ...[Topinka's] trying to have it both ways and it isnt going to fly."--Terry Cosgrove, president of Chicago-based Personal PAC, a hardcore pro-abortion special interest.
8. Planned Parenthood has endorsed Blagojevich. They know which candidate will be best for their business.
9. Blago wants to pour millions into useless and ethically dismal embryonic stem cell research. This would be irresponsible at any time, but during the current budget crisis it's insane. Topinka has called Blago's actions "deceptive" and said she would not spend any more money on stem cell research until the budget crisis is solved.
10. Blago feels that parents should be out of the loop on mental health screenings of their kids. Topinka wants strict parental consent.
We are going to have a liberal governor here in Illinois for the next four years. That is simply reality. The question is, will we have a governor who wants to take our guns and use our money to kill babies? Will we have a governor who thinks parents should be parents, or one who wants the state or Planned Parenthood to do that job for them? That's our choice. Vote accordingly, my FRiends, and take a good-hearted Illinoisan to the polls with you.
Well, with any luck, he'll be indicted soon, like his top aide & we'll be rid of him!! LOL
If Topinka gives the victory speech tomorrow night she'll also get control of the patronage. What effect do you suppose that will have on future primaries? Let Blago win. I want to see a sitting governor go up the river.
I'm undecided between writing in Stufflebeam or writing in I.R. Protestvote.
The lesser of two evils is still evil.
Vote R down the ticket. Leave the Governors race blank.
I realize that, but that's the choices we were handed.
I can't see letting Blago get back in. The crook doesn't even live in Springfield, we pay for the Gov's mansion & he lives in crooked Chicago with the Daley machine!
I held my nose and early voted for Topinka a few weeks ago.
I'm more optimistic and enthusiastic about sending David McSweeney to Congress however.
I would vote for most any Pub, including in this case, Topinka, than I would for any Dem. So, much to my disgust, I will vote for Judy, in spite of my basic dislike of her. I do like her running-mate Joe Birkett, though. He should have been the one running for Gov, not her. However, things are as they are, so I vote. Just hope I don't sneeze in the voting booth and the clothespin pops off before I finish voting.
It can keep an arrogant SOB like Blago from more of his executive orders for money the state doesn't have for embryonic cell research, flu shots down the toilet, drugs from Canada that no one is buying and trying to force pharmacists to go against their conciences-resulting in a lawsuit for the taxpayers to pay for.
Topinka sounds pretty bloody awful, but bad is better than hideous.
Let them both drown in their own swill. Chicago and Cook County are controlled by the most corrupt politicians in the U.S. That includes the sainted Osama Obama.
Please pass the clothespin.
Will be casting my vote for Topinka.
You don't know how to write in a candidate or show someone else how to?
Randy ran on limited dollars. He does not just believe in campaign finance reform, he lived it this election.
He took money from only private citizens. No businesses.
No blondee. He'd have a chance if people, who saw an upright true conservative, had the guts to vote for him.
I'm reminded of the scene in Braveheart where Gibson had just been betrayed. The betrayor confronts his coward father who had arranged for his son to be in line for a high office of the king.
It is there that Robert the Bruce realizes that William Wallace is the man to lead the revolution. Sadly, it is too late. Wallace is executed.
Randy is that leader.
Looks like the "Robert the Bruce's" will still require the execution before the realization of the true revolutioner.
I thought I'd wrap up your essay succinctly.
get this ... Wheeling Twp. Pct. 102 ... eight of the first forty voters wrote in STUFFLEBEAM ... it's a movenment!
That was the kick-off for the empty suit Obama.
In all seriousness, please write in a vote for Mr. Protestvote. Votes for Stufflebeam will just encourage people who think Illinois will magically become a Red State if we all vote for him, or Keyes, etc.
You know, calling people cowards because they don't follow your partuicular choice of election tactics just makes you look like a meanspirited idiot.
You know, calling people cowards because they don't follow your partuicular choice of election tactics just makes you look like a meanspirited idiot. There is nothing that I'm afraid of that will keep me from voting for Stufflebeam. I just don't like exercises in futility, and I certainly don't believe that we can wave our magic wands and make Illinois a Red State by voting for this guy or anyone else who could get the Constitution party nomination.
It is YOU who has a crappy history!
I was a lobbyist with the ISRA from 1991-1994. 1993-4 were the years of the fight over so-called "assault weapons" and our biggest fight in Springfield.
JBT was a NRA "A grade" back then, and voted with us against her own Governor Jim Edgar, against the AW ban, in committee no less!
I am very excited to report in my own Chicago precinct a higher turnout than in 04' and after talking to precinct captains of both parties, it is favorable to our party. I am certain by the end of this night we will have our first republican cook county board President, the Stroger name has energized our base to rebel and repel! As we most likely will very well see Topinka unseating Blago and for this I praise God!
So I have done my civic duty, being a rare republican voter in this city for 35 years. I began to visit other precinct's and lemme tell you, it is happening everywhere on the NW side of Chicago. I can only pray it is enough to unseat Rahm!
Speaking of from today's Sun-Times:
Emanuel on "Meet the Press." Gets into it with Dole
Some of the comments varied on 'why' we turned out in massive numbers here today.
But the general consensus is...."We are fed up" with patronage, our troops being slammed, Kerry and to me the most telling is being told we were going to sit this one out and be outcasts for our party!
We had a referendum in my district of getting our troops out of Iraq. Of course I voted a resounding NO! This issue will be interesting to see the end result in a Democratic city.
Also, O'Bama is slowly turning into the 'fried' in the hot seat from the 'darling' he was a short time ago.
Obama: His real estate deal with the shady Rezko. '08 hopeful in Iowa again.
Monday will be a special homecoming for Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.).
His image makers, used to playing offense--as in how many positive stories a day can they generate--will be playing defense since Obama got caught in a real estate deal with the shady Tony Rezko.
So in prayers and closing for all the candidates across the country today, may we whoop butt again!
Hello Mr. Silverback. I haven't visited Free republic for a while. But I wanted you to know that my wife and I voted and we've been out there doing the GOTV thing.
We voted for Judy. Half a loaf is better than none.