Skip to comments.A Scandal Too Far: Steve Capus Terminated as NBC News President
Posted on 02/02/2013 6:56:57 AM PST by Mozilla
The New York Times spins it this way:
The longest-serving president of any of the three network news divisions, Steve Capus of NBC News, stepped down from his position on Friday, six months after Comcast restructured its news units in a way that diminished his authority.
Exactly how voluntary was this stepping down? John Nolte points to the scandal-plagued tenure of Capus at NBC News:
1. During last years presidential election, Andrea Mitchell was caught manufacturing a Romney gaffe where none existed.
2. During last years GOP primary, Ed Schultz edited video of Texas Governor Rick Perry to make him look racist.
3. In April of last year, the Today Show was caught editing audio of a 9-1-1 call to make George Zimmerman look racist.
4. In August of 2009, Contessa Brewer sliced and diced a photograph so it wouldnt look like a black man attended a Tea Party carrying a firearm.
5. Just this week, NBC News maliciously edited video of a town council meeting to make it look as though Second Amendment civil rights activists heckled a parent who lost his son in Newtown.
The network should place an ad on Craigslist: NBC News is now hiring a Democrat News Executive. Ethics and objectivity optional.
“I would kind of agree...the Today Show is a sacred cow on NBC. If they are doing well...they can carry the rest of the new bureau...no matter how far down they are. Well...presently, the Today Show is in trouble. Im not sure that a cosmetic change or a leadership change is enough.”
It doesn’t seem like it be to hard to fix. Just copy what FOX does. Fire most of the staff that is morally corrupt (probably 85% of them), hire people with character and at least some level of conservative values, and their ratings would explode.
I am sure NBC wanted to save face for the scandals going on. But they will still be doubling down on liberalism and progressive-socialism. For example, they got to Joe Scarbury or whatever his last name is because he is now more progressive than even two years ago. Before he at least supported rinos, but now he attacks the entire republican party. I think he voted Obama like Colin Powell.
Bingo. Like Sandy Berger, he was "sloppy".
It’s not just nbc.
Nearly all the MSM is biased against conservatives and it shows.
They malign 1/2 the population who in turn refuse to watch or buy their papers etc.
Ostracize half the people then wonder why you are going broke.
In fact, I’ll suggest this. The Comedy Channel should just hire fifteen folks to run a fake-like Today Show program. I’d bet that it’d ran above Today...within six months.
“Capus will wind up at Al Jazeera Amerika.”
He might be too biased for them, maybe CBS.
“NBC is the National Barack Channel or the National Biased Channel”
Nothing But Crap come to mind for me.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.