Prayers requested during week of 8/12/01

Prayers requested during week of 8/05/01

Previous Prayer Threads

TOPICS: Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS:

1 posted on 09/17/2001 4:17:07 AM PDT by billbears
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: billbears
Mighty God and Most Merciful Father, today is a day of great unrest and fear. Please keep Your Divine Hand on us all across this nation and do not allow hysteria to overtake us. satan has set many traps for us, and only with Your help will we avoid them. Calm the fears on Wall Street, reassure our citizens that You are on Your throne in Heaven...fully aware and fully in control of all that is happening. You are the Great I Am, You are the only Living God, in You alone can we place our trust and confidence!

Father, our leaders need the very best intelligence reports, they need Your guidance in how to deal with these global thugs that have terrified everyone. Send our leaders everything they need to make right decisions, decisions that You approve of and sanction. Grant our people victory through You in destroying the evil that places every life across this planet in danger. Cause any attacks against us or our allies to be discovered and foiled before more lives are lost. Continue to make of us one nation, with a collective resolve. Grant courage to all those who are frightened, help us stay the course that we must. Forbid that we as a nation harm or punish unjustly those who are innocent of these murders.

For Your glory and honor I ask these things...through Your Son Jesus Christ...Amen!

2 posted on 09/17/2001 9:00:59 AM PDT by LeeMcCoy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Juat shook President Bush's hand; asked him how we can pray for him. He said:

"Keep doing what you're doing, it's working. Pray for my little girls."

Get down on your knees and get busy, Christians!

3 posted on 09/17/2001 9:40:47 AM PDT by ReaganCowboy

"The precious promises of our great God are expressly intended to be taken to Him and exchanged for the blessings which they guarantee. Prayer takes the promise to the Bank of Faith and obtains the golden blessing. Mind how you pray. Make real business of it. Let it never be a dead formality. ..."

Ask for what you want, because the Lord has promised it. Believe that you have the blessing, and go forth to your work in full assurance of it. Go from your knees singing because the promise is fulfilled. Thus will your prayer be answered. It is not the length of your prayer, but the strength of your prayer which wins with God. The strength of prayer lies in your faith in the promise which you have pleaded before the Lord.

"God Promises You" by Charles H. Spurgeon

4 posted on 09/17/2001 9:48:56 AM PDT by LeeMcCoy

To: ReaganCowboy
"Keep doing what you're doing, it's working. Pray for my little girls."

With GREAT pleasure, Mr. President! Praise God!!!

5 posted on 09/17/2001 9:50:45 AM PDT by LeeMcCoy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Heavenly Father, remember the cries of the children! So many now without fathers or mothers...and some without both parents! Hear their anguish and grief, My God, and encircle them with Your strong, loving and powerful arms. Cause their relatives and friends to step forward to permanently fill the void left behind by the loss of their parents. Grant your special blessings to these adults, give them wisdom, strength and tenderness beyond what is possible without You...to carry the burden of grieving and questioning children. Fill the hearts of these children with the certainty that You and the angels stand near them always, and let none of these children slip through Your fingers. Father, I ask for the same grace, mercy and protection for that little boy whose picture we have seen. Send him home to be with people who love him and will not abuse him.

Father, I know Your anger is very great against those who have hurt these little ones. Bring the evil people who have inflicted such pain and suffering to swift and terrible justice. Let the world tremble at Your might...and through this, bring us all to a saving knowledge of You! In Jesus' name...Amen!

6 posted on 09/17/2001 1:41:43 PM PDT by LeeMcCoy

Father, I just want to thank You for the love and support my brothers and sisters are giving me with their prayers and notes of concern. Please bless each of them in every way for their kindnesses, and take care of every need...no matter how small. Thank you Father! In Jesus' name...Amen!
7 posted on 09/17/2001 9:47:42 PM PDT by LeeMcCoy

To: billbears, OhioWfan
From the Daily Dose thread:

It certainly heightened my awareness that we need to pray diligently for Barbara and Jenna, as we pray for the President, First Lady, administration and the nation.

Someone on that thread had shaken hands with President Bush today and asked how he could keep praying for him. And President Bush answered "Pray for my little girls."

Like OhioW Fan said over there, even with all the weight on his shoulders he is still their Daddy and they are still his "little girls."

Let's add some extra prayers for him right now.

8 posted on 09/17/2001 10:28:24 PM PDT by Salvation

To: LeeMcCoy
AMEN
9 posted on 09/18/2001 4:35:11 AM PDT by Ff--150
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: ReaganCowboy,SalvationLeeMcCoy,Billbars,kayak,hope, faith,f-F150, Snow Bunny, pubmom, Miss Marple
This is a red alert for urgent prayer today and throughout the coming days!

We must get down on our knees and pray in earnest as we have never prayed - today - and in the coming days. This is no drill. This is not optional.

God has called HIS PEOPLE to pray - and HE HAS BEEN AND WILL HEAR AND ACT!

Please help me today pass this message to every Christian Freeper you can find. The need is extremely urgent today, expecially, and in the coming days - that every Christian spend as much time as possible in earnest, humble, prayer - giving thanks to God for His help at this great our of need. Lives are at stake. Lives will be saved by these prayers. Please, dear Christian Friends!

PRAY AS IF OUR / YOUR / THIS COUNTRY'S LIVES DEPENDED ON IT! BECAUSE THEY DO!

10 posted on 09/18/2001 4:44:53 AM PDT by Freedom'sWorthIt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Freedom'sWorthIt
AMEN.
11 posted on 09/18/2001 5:49:26 AM PDT by pubmom
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

To: pubmom - <FONT COLOR="RED">RED ALERT PRAYER BUMP!
Day of intense prayer - knee wearing out type of prayer - needed today!!! Sense of urgency about it. PRAY EVERY0NE IN ALL SINCERITY AND TRUTH!

I awoke this morning at 4:30 AM with an urgent sense of need to pray for our country, for the SAFETY of this country, and for God's divine intervention to foil the continued attempts at terrorist attacks here in this country - and on American targets around the world.

Many lives are at stake.

Most all of us who pray have been praying in earnest especially since Sept 1l....and have been joined by many who maybe have not been much into praying - but now are!

I am imploring all who pray to spend as much time on our knees today in prayer. Lives are at stake.

And, we must pray today for critical decisions being made regarding our military response. The pacifists are throughout the state dept and are influencing these decisions - too much. Please pray that the Godly, righteous people in the military will prevail and that the wisdom shown will lead our Commander in Chief to make the right decisions at the right time to defeat the terrorists and to protect America!!!

Pray for our intelligence agencies and FBI to redeem themselves and prove their worth to America by intervening (continuing) in the plans of those who want to kill Americans and destroy America. There are Godly men and women in these agencies also. Pray that the people who have made no compromise with the security and safety of our country will come to the forefront and will affect investigative decisions being made in those agencies.

Pray for "insiders" to come forward with critical information NOW.

Pray for communications to be working effectively between agents and agencies and countries to get critical information OUT in time to save lives..and that the needed information WILL BE HEEDED.

Pray of course for the safety and protection of President and Mrs. Bush, VP and Mrs. Cheney, their children, and for all of the leaders in the Bush administration.

Even pray for the liberals who have betrayed us - to finally see the error of their ways - to confess to God their sins - and to make a stand for righteousness now when they have a chance to really do the right thing at our greatest hour of need (which means NOT criticizing President Bush and which means scolding those who do - and which means giving him any help that is required to protect lives and save our country).

And, of course, we need to confess our sins, to ask God's forgiveness, to mean it, and to ask all other Christians we know to join us in national repentance. We HAVE gone astray - and not that we have brought this on ourselves - but we as a nation need God so desperately - this incident has brought many to Him who have been far away or who have never turned to God. We know we face an enemy that we cannot defeat in our own strength and wisdom. In fact, evil is all around us seeking those who it can destroy. God is our refuge and strength - our very present help in this time of trouble. He is for us - not against us - He has been there all the time - imploring us to turn to Him. Many now are. He will hear and he will protect and defend our land....as long as we are on our knees in prayer daily - in urgent - determined - thankful - and unstoppable prayer - in Jesus name, amen! Please just pass the word: URGENT PRAYER ALERT - LIVES ARE AT STAKE - ETERNITIES ARE AT STAKE. PRAY, PRAY, PRAY!!!!

12 posted on 09/18/2001 9:03:26 AM PDT by Freedom'sWorthIt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson