Skip to comments.President Trump Immediate Lame Duck Actions To Protect The United States From Catastrophe
Posted on 11/07/2018 4:04:00 AM PST by yefragetuwrabrumuy
President Trump only has a brief, lame duck congress ability to protect the nation from a Democrat-caused catastrophe. Here are suggestions for what he might do.
(Excerpt) Read more at freerepublic.com ...
1) Maxine Waters has threatened the banking and financial industry from her position as chairman of the House Financial Services Committee. While some of the banks and financial institutions are "too big to fail", and thus "too big to continue operating at that scale", and need to be broken up, the Justice Department could quickly reach *voluntary* antitrust agreements to have an orderly break up, taking years, *in exchange for which*, during the process, they would remain under current banking and finance laws and regulations. By protecting the banking and financial institutions, President Trump would put a major roadblock up to the Democrats *causing* another great depression, while protecting our economy from a too large financial corporation collapse.
2) Similar antitrust agreements could be reached with several other over-consolidated industries to protect them as well. A similar deal might be made with the SEC in exchange for a discreet audit.
3) Next, he should immediately begin the *involuntary* break up of "big media". This needs quick congressional action to inform the SCOTUS that the court ruling that "just being big isn't enough to antitrust" is no longer in effect, so oligopolies can indeed be busted up.
4) Congress needs to quickly pass legislation to firm up the new tax law that state taxes are no longer deductible (SALT), so that the Democrats cannot sabotage it.
5) Congress needs to quickly pass judiciary reform that precludes lower level federal judges from enjoining presidential executive orders at the national level, or other extra jurisdictional decrees either. Likewise that *congress* determines the composition of the US military, not the courts.
6) Put some teeth back into the Logan Act, making it an *enforced* crime for unauthorized people to conduct or interfere with US foreign policy. "The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that criminalizes negotiation by unauthorized persons with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States. The intent behind the Act is to prevent unauthorized negotiations from undermining the government's position." So, for example, if John Kerry decides to make a deal with Iran to undermine the president, on his return, he is arrested. The same with George Soros, a lot.
RELEASE THE UNREDACTED FISA INFO....NOW!
The troops on the border (expensive?)
and the wall.
I think I perceive trouble.
Fund the entire wall
Nothing is going to happen in DC between now and the new year.
2. Pass a bill clarifying that birthright citizenship under the 14th Amendment does not apply to non-resident foreigners or illegals.
The troops on the border (expensive?)
That comes out of the military budget which is already set.
We would they do in 2 months what they wouldnt do in 2 years?
And the list of legislators that used taxpayer money to the tune of $17 million.
Knowing that little doosh is gone is a good thing. Now he can hang out with Kasich, Corker, Flake etc. and talk about what they would do if they were in charge, which will never happen.
He SUCKS as a Republican.....but he’s a GREAT DEMOCRAT!
That would be good
Sadly, I agree with other FReepers that the do-nothings in Congress are going to continue their losing streak right into their cushy new consulting gigs.
The Dems have promised endless investigations, and they’re going to follow through on that. It’s going to be 2 years of gridlock, and the country will stagnate in that time. Everything Trump does will be under a microscope.
The biggest tragedy here is that the people responsible for abuse of power unseen in this country’s history are going to get off scott free, and they all know it now. There are Clinton and Obama acolytes who are waking up this morning and breathing easier because they know that the magnifying glass over them is going to be lifted away.
NO THANK YOU.
Replace Sessions. Build the wall.
The HOR needs to vote to vacate the speaker immediately! Today!
Interesting how coverage of this disgusting midterm temper tantrum masquerading as an “election” by disaffected U.S. Trump-hating voters has erased all media discussion of the continuing crisis at the southern border and the seditious and treasonous comments made by the Joint Chiefs of Staff claiming the U.S. military will not in any way be used to prevent the migrant invasion from overrunning the U.S. border. Watch for selfies of “sensitized” U.S. troops hugging the newly-arrived migrant families as they are processed for entry to the U.S.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.