Skip to comments.Big DC March Snowstorm Set to Greet 'Largest public protest of global warming ever in U.S.!'
Posted on 03/01/2009 5:58:22 AM PST by EPW Comm Team
[Note: The Gore Effect Strikes again this time it impacts NASAs James Hansen! See also: GORE HEARING ON WARMING MAY BE PUT ON ICE Jan. 26, 2009 ]
BREAKING: Not again! Big DC March Snowstorm Set to Greet 'Largest public protest of global warming ever in U.S.!' 1 Foot of Snow Possible, Bitter Cold, Blowing and drifting snow!
DC under Winter Storm Warning: DC faces up to 1 foot of snow, bitter cold, blowing and drifting snow http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Washington&state=DC&site=LWX&textField1=38.895&textField2=-77.0373&e=1
'Largest public protest of global warming ever in U.S.' set for Monday March 2, 2009 at U.S. Capitol w/ NASAs James Hansen Fox News Feb. 27, 2009
Excerpt: NASA's chief climate scientist is in hot water with colleagues and at least one lawmaker after calling on citizens to engage in civil disobedience at what is being billed as the largest public protest of global warming ever in the United States. In a video on capitolclimateaction.org, Dr. James Hansen is seen urging Americans to "take a stand on global warming" during the March 2 protest at the Capitol Power Plant in Southeast Washington, D.C. "We need to send a message to Congress and the president that we want them to take the actions that are needed to preserve climate for young people and future generations and all life on the planet," says Hansen, who has likened coal-fired power plants to "factories of death" and claims he was muzzled by the Bush administration when he warned of drastic climate changes. [ ] But critics say Hansen's latest call to action blurs the line between astronomer and activist and may violate the Hatch Act, which prohibits federal employees from participating in partisan political activity. "Oh my goodness," one of Hansen's former supervisors, Dr. John Theon, told FOXNews.com when informed of the video. "I'm not surprised ... The fact that Jim Hansen has gone off the deep end here is sad because he's a good fellow." Why he has not been fired I do not understand," Theon said.
Tracking 'The Gore Effect' Politico November , 2008
[Note: The Gore Effect has a long and storied history. What follows is a sampling of how Mother Nature enjoys mocking global warming fear promoters.
1) First October snow since 1922 blankets London as global warming bill debated October 2008 #
2) Global Warming Vote on Snowy Day in Washington - Senate committee debates expensive climate change bill snow blanket D.C. December 2007 #
3) HOUSE HEARING ON 'WARMING OF THE PLANET' CANCELED AFTER SNOW/ICE STORM February 2007 #
4) NOT AGAIN! DC 'Snow Advisory' Issued on Day of Congressional Global Warming Hearing March 2007 #
5) Gore decries 'global warming' in bitterly cold NYC December 2006 #
6) Gore delivers environmental message at Harvard - ...with near 125-year record breaking low temps October 2008 #
7) Global warming activists urged to focus on Earth Day rallies and ignore snow as it 'piles up outside our windows' April 17, 2007 #
8) No Joke! Cyclists 'braved freezing cold temps' to promote global warming awareness in New York - October 22, 2008 #
9) Global warming protest in Maryland frosted with snow January 2008 #
10) Global warming rally in the snow April 2007 #
11) Snow won't dampen global-warming rallies April 2007 #
12) Brrr. - Obama to global warming demonstrators: 'This is probably not the weather to hold up those signs...it's a little chilly today' - October 28, 2008 #
13) Global Warming Awareness Walk Braves Snow Storm March 2007 #
14) The Gore Effect, Cont. - Gore speaks in Italy during 'rare' cold and snow #
15) Tracking 'The Gore Effect Politico November 26,6, 2008 #
16) Climate protest cancelled 'due to rain and cold' Nov. 23, 2008 ]
Some people are incapable of learning.
Also posted here:
Not to worry. Everyone will get Monday off, with pay.
Mon Jan 26 2009 17:59:26 ET
Al Gore is scheduled before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Wednesday morning to once again testify on the 'urgent need' to combat global warming.
But Mother Nature seems ready to freeze the proceedings.
A 'Winter Storm Watch' has been posted for the nation's capitol and there is a potential for significant snow... sleet... or ice accumulations.
"I can't imagine the Democrats would want to showcase Mr. Gore and his new findings on global warming as a winter storm rages outside," a Republican lawmaker emailed the DRUDGE REPORT. "And if the ice really piles up, it will not be safe to travel."
A spokesman for Sen. John Kerry, who chairs the committee, was not immediately available to comment on contingency plans.
Global warming advocates have suggested this year's wild winter spells are proof of climate change.
February 13, 2007 --- HEARING ON 'WARMING OF THE PLANET' CANCELED AFTER ICE STORM (Drudge Report )
March 1, 2007 --- Minnesota Public Radio's "Global Warming: The Home Front" scheduled for March 1 was cancelled due to insufficient global warming ("based on current travel advisories ").
March 7, 2007 --- A Congressional subcommittee meeting on Energy and Air Quality Hearing on "Climate Change: Are Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Human Activities Contributing to a Warming of the Planet?" was cancelled due to a snow advisory. "A SNOW ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING."
Recall that greenhouse hypothesis maintains that warming due to increases in the greenhouse effect is anticipated to be greatest in the winter.
March 12, 2007
MINNEAPOLIS - A North Pole expedition meant to bring attention to global warming was called off after one of the explorers got frostbite.
The power company should turn off the electricity to DC for the day to demonstrate to the populace what would result from strong solidarity with the enviro-wackos.
A question that many are asking.
Yea!!!!! Hansen to speak on global warming while DC forecast to get 4-9 inches of SNOW
Maybe they’ll close the government down for the day?
Do regular people even go to SE DC these days? Even in good weather?
If we get the predicted 7 to 10 inches between now and tomorrow (Monday morning AM rush hour) it’ll be an optional snow day for the feds.
bizarre. Reminiscent of the beginning of “the Day After Tomorrow”
God is good—and He has a sense of humor!
First day of March and we are going down to zero again tomorrow night in Detroit. I’m SO SICK OF GLOBAL WARMING!!!
The snow just let up here in Meridian. Looked nice falling and only may be a half an inch. It will be melted and gone in an hour except in some shaded areas.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.