Free Republic
Browse · Search
Bloggers & Personal
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

ABC: No Protest Outside Libya Consulate Before Attack
You Tube ^ | 10-9-12

Posted on 10/09/2012 5:06:16 PM PDT by kingattax

On ABC News’ World News Tonight, Jonathan Karl breaks the news that there was no protest outside prior to the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.


TOPICS: Politics
KEYWORDS: benghazi; libyaattack
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-63 next last

1 posted on 10/09/2012 5:06:20 PM PDT by kingattax
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: kingattax

Ping!


2 posted on 10/09/2012 5:08:46 PM PDT by Ignatz (Winner of a prestigious 1960 Y-chromosome award!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: kingattax

Wow, are they ever late to the parade.


3 posted on 10/09/2012 5:08:57 PM PDT by House Atreides
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: kingattax

Breaking news? LOL. We knew this less than a week after the attack.


4 posted on 10/09/2012 5:09:25 PM PDT by kabar
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: kingattax

Hmmm. Where is Hillary?


5 posted on 10/09/2012 5:09:41 PM PDT by FryingPan101 (2016 looms)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: House Atreides

yes waaay late,but the question is , how will they spin it?


6 posted on 10/09/2012 5:10:56 PM PDT by AmonAmarth (Wherever you go...There you are)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: kingattax

As others are noting, its interesting ABC is reporting this.

But at FR we knew this within a few days of the attack when all the network newsies were going with their phony cover story.


7 posted on 10/09/2012 5:13:17 PM PDT by marron
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: Ignatz

On Sept 16, I proved conclusively there was no protest....THREE sources, two of them American, one of them from one of those killed.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2931897/posts

On the first lie, that the attack started as a protest, and that radical elements took advantage of the protest to launch an attack is TOTALLY false.

Sean Smith, was in the same building as the Ambassador when the attack started. He was online playing EVE and chatting with another game player. He never said anything about a protest outside the consulate. HERE ARE HIS WORDS FROM THAT NIGHT. “[vile_rat 9/11/12 12:54 PM]: assuming we don’t die tonight. We saw one of our ‘police’ that guard the compound taking pictures.” Smith was also known for his “interesting” and “morbid” sense of humor, something that is not unusual for those that have been deployed in war zones. No one knew at the time how prophetic his comment would be. Nearly two hours later, Smith typed: [vile_rat 9/11/12 2:40 PM]: F**K [vile_rat 9/11/12 2:40 PM]: gunfire He was disconnected from Jabber and never returned.

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/332776#ixzz26duPX4MU Note he is worried about security two hours before the attack, but never mentions any protest, only gunfire.

Not only did Smith not mention a protest, but one of the ‘guards’ was interviewed in a hospital after the attack. Here is what he says about that night (note the hour of attack is off by one hour, I am not sure why, but could have to do with time stamp of Smith’s computer) The guard, interviewed Thursday in the hospital where he is being treated for five shrapnel wounds in one leg and two bullet wounds in the other, said that the consulate area was quiet – “there wasn’t a single ant outside,” he said – until about 9:35 p.m., when as many as 125 armed men descended on the compound from all directions.

The men lobbed grenades into the compound, wounding the guard and knocking him to the ground, then stormed through the facility’s main gate, shouting “God is great” and moving to one of the many villas that make up the consulate compound. He said there had been no warning that an attack was imminent.

“Wouldn’t you expect if there were protesters outside that the Americans would leave?” the guard said.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/09/13/168415/no-protest-before-benghazi-attack.html#storylink=cpy

That is TWO sources who show there was never a protest besfor the attack, how about a third? It so happens a Doctor from Boston was in Benghazi and ON THE PHONE with the Ambassador’s attache when the attack began. Here is what he says about that night.

Just hours before Burke was scheduled to meet with John Christopher Stevens, the US ambassador to Libya, the US consulate was attacked. Stevens and three other Americans were killed, including Glen Doherty, a Winchester native and former Navy SEAL working for a private security company.

Burke’s colleagues had spoken with Stevens just 45 minutes before the attack, and Burke was on the phone with an embassy attaché when the shelling began.

“He yelled, ‘Oh my God, Oh [expletive],’ and then he hung up,” said Burke, who was in a hotel about a mile from the consulate when the attack began. “Then we heard these deep blasts. We didn’t know what was going on. Nobody knew if the whole city was being attacked.”

http://articles.boston.com/2012-09-14/metro/33818187_1_thomas-burke-libya-emergency-department


8 posted on 10/09/2012 5:14:01 PM PDT by barryobi
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: kingattax

Well I find that hard to believe, ABC News.

Because in order for you story to be true, that would mean Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and just about everyone who works for the white house are bullshite liars of the most despicable sort.


9 posted on 10/09/2012 5:14:39 PM PDT by chris37 (Heartless.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: kingattax

Is there ever a breaking point at which the drive by media will get tired of being lied to by a Democrat?

I’m starting to think not.

DBM, you have been played for absolute fools and you just can’t get enough of it.


10 posted on 10/09/2012 5:14:55 PM PDT by randita
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: kingattax

Whaaaaaaa????

No protests beforehand?????

Next, ABC will break news that ‘the video’ wasn’t involved.

ABC: News you already knew, but we are just finding out.


11 posted on 10/09/2012 5:15:05 PM PDT by TomGuy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: House Atreides

Apparently only a few networks were given this information. Fox News was not one of them.


12 posted on 10/09/2012 5:15:23 PM PDT by wise counsel
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: kingattax

This has got to be a joke. They didn’t run this story today. Did they?


13 posted on 10/09/2012 5:16:44 PM PDT by Starstruck (Voting for Obama again is like a dog returning to its own vomit.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: kingattax
uh oh.. they're getting too close to The One and Hillary!.

Time to get the 9/11 Truthers to go on their favorite "nonpartisan" shows and make the claim that Bush and Cheney staged the attack on our consulate.. Romney asked them to attack "like when you brought down the Towers."

14 posted on 10/09/2012 5:18:33 PM PDT by WilliamofCarmichael (If modern America's Man on Horseback is out there, Get on the damn horse already!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: kingattax; All

They are spinning it by saying they NEVER blamed the film. It was all a dream, you know like J R Ewing


15 posted on 10/09/2012 5:18:51 PM PDT by Snuph ("give me Liberty...")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: kingattax

Compare this to the worst thing the Bush Administration was accused of doing.


16 posted on 10/09/2012 5:19:00 PM PDT by AU72
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: barryobi

You should make a post with this


17 posted on 10/09/2012 5:20:09 PM PDT by Snuph ("give me Liberty...")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: kingattax
I can remember many Freepers repeating the Obama Administration lies that it was a protest because of anger at an obscure unwatched Internet movie that was said to be anti-Muslim.

I remember on the Joe Scarboro show MSM experts saying that the film maker was at fault and should be prosecuted because he was guilty of murder.

It was all lies.

Everything the Obama Administration said and the MSM obediently parroted were lies.

It is sad that many Freepers believed and repeated the MSM lies about this.

18 posted on 10/09/2012 5:20:18 PM PDT by detective
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: barryobi

bfl


19 posted on 10/09/2012 5:22:09 PM PDT by Bradís Gramma (PRAY for this country like your life depends on it......because it DOES!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: TomGuy

YouTubeGate


20 posted on 10/09/2012 5:23:22 PM PDT by central_va ( I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a damn.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]


Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-2021-4041-6061-63 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
Bloggers & Personal
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson