Skip to comments.Iranian Alert - March 30, 2006 - Iranian military to start maneuvers in the Persian Gulf.
Posted on 03/30/2006 6:42:55 PM PST by DoctorZIn
Top News Story
UN Security Council gives Iran 30 days to stop.
- The Times Online reported that the UN Security Council has given Tehran a month to halt its uranium enrichment program.
Rice: We have tools to use against Iran.
- The Washington Post reported that Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice told the US Senate that Iran was a menace for reasons other than its alleged drive to build a nuclear bomb and that the U.S. and its allies have "a number of tools" if Tehran does not change its ways. She said: "I think there's no doubt that Iran is the single biggest threat from a state that we face."
US Intelligence: Sanctions won't work.
- Insight Magazine reported that the U.S. intelligence community has concluded that U.N. Security Council sanctions would fail to stop Iran's nuclear weapons program.
Iran threatens the US dollar?
- The Christian Science Monitor argued why they believe Iran's threat to use its new oil bourse to weaken the US dollar is a fantasy.
Straw again says no to military action on Iran.
- The Guardian reported that Jack Straw today insisted that military action against Iran would be neither "appropriate or conceivable."
Germans stop shipments of equipment to Iran.
- The New York Times reported that German prosecutors claimed that several million dollars' worth of equipment that could be used for a nuclear program had been shipped from Germany to Iran, via a Russian company.
Blogs under new attack in Iran.
- USA Today reported that blogs are now under attack by Iran's hard-line regime.
Iran's Katyusha rockets now used against Israel?
- Ha'aretz reported that Palestinians have for the first time fired the powerful Katyusha rocket believed by many to be of Iranian manufacture.
Iranian military to start maneuvers in the Persian Gulf.
- Yahoo News reported that thousands of Iranian troops will on Friday start a week-long military maneuver in the Gulf to ready armed forces for warding off "threats."
Here are a few other news items you may have missed.
- Reuters reported that three members of Iran's Revolutionary Guards were killed in a clash with Kurdish separatists.
- CNSNews reported that the head of the Arab League called on the world's Arab states to pursue "peaceful" nuclear energy programs.
- World Tribune reported that Nigeria has sought Iranian help in establishing a defense industry.
- Middle East Economic Survey reported that the Joint Economic Committee of the US Congress issued a report which states that "support for terrorism and economic mismanagement by the government have damaged oil and gas development in Iran." Full text of the report.
- Amir Taheri, The Wall Street Journal reported how Iran's Hassan Abbasi, the principal foreign policy voice in President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, believes the US will be forced from the Middle East. A must read.
I have noticed an almost total lack of interest in this overall volatile subject which effects everyone, as if to say, if we don't think, discuss it, or make an attempt to fathom the situations, maybe, just maybe nothing will transpire.....
I too over the years have noticed this approach is taken by many many people as their way of coping with the potential threat of most any type of disaster, whether it be the threat of war, economic upheaval, natural disasters (think New Orleans), or possible disease pandemics (like the current avian flu situation). They would rather ignore it so it won't upset their happy thoughts rather than keep aware of it and assess it's potential and develop a personal plan of action as warranted.
Again, many thanks for the great insight. - OB1
Like the "N" word, Mo-ham-id (PBUH) is only an insult when we say it.
I expect that if Iran gets the nuke, they're going to issue an ultimatium, merciful souls that they are. US out of Iraq, and Jews out of Israel, or else.
Their latest stunt was to fire a missile in the midst of supertanker shipping lanes. Just brilliant!
I fully believe you are more then correct in stating Israel and our troops shall be targeted, since Iran's ruling tyrant Mahmoud Ahmadnejad has sworn to attempt to "wipe Israel off the map" they have roped themselves in to at least try. Obviously any military move on Iran's part to inflict a holocaust on Israel would be met with such incredible military might by the Israelis, the Iranian perpetrators would be targeted immediately and vaporized.
Unfortunately our troops and those of our allies serving in either Afghanistan and Iraq would become targets of jihadic revenge for the Iranians. Everything in our power must be geared to prevent missile and or biological attacks on those troops. If there was ever a current dictatorial Islamic régime more then willing to utilize germ-warfare it would be the Mahdi instigating Iranian Mullahcracy.
In relation to the Straight of Hormuz it is the energy life line for numerous nations throughout the globe, once again all necessary measure must be enacted to prevent major disruption of super-takers entering or exiting that geostrategic waterway. The Straight of Hormuz could rapidly become the number flash point in the coming conflict.
Have you noticed gas pump prices are quickly heading back to hurricane level price ranges of $3.00 a gallon or higher and we are not at war with Iran, yet, not has the hurricane season even started. I forecast a doubling of prices(+) if there is are dramatic sudden "double shortages" (Iran related war damage/sabotage, coupled with hurricane damage).
You are one of the remnant which clearly sees the economic potentials of some very rough times ahead. I firmly believe whenever these events do transpire we shall not be taken by surprise. Regrettably the majority will have no idea what or why they happened.
Some photos from the next front:
Today is a good day for the mullahs ro die..