Skip to comments.Al-Qaeda Propagandist Called For Attacks On Sports Events
Posted on 04/16/2013 2:13:26 PM PDT by Biggirl
(CNSNews.com) Although no group has claimed responsibility for Mondays deadly bomb blasts at the Boston Marathon, a leading al-Qaeda ideologue last year recommended that jihadists in America include sporting events in their list of prospective terror targets.
(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...
And, of course, the Obama administration will use this as yet abnother excuse to monitor and record the activities of law-abiding Americans.
Big Brother never misses any pretext to tighten his grip on the proles.
The MSM has already decided that Muzzies didn’t do it.
Some right wing wackos did.
And thatttttt’s the twuuuuth!
MSM: “We’re here to hire you when you absolutely, positively are so without ability that you cannot even go into politics.”
There’s a fight at each hockey game, so they should be very scared. I heard someone speculate when we will start playing “Cowboys and Islamofascists”....
Reminds me of what happened at the stadium in STILLWATER OK a few years back.
Anyone remember when the bomb went off outside there?
Didn’t the guy blow himself-up on a bench outside the stadium? It was a messy pic, as I remember.
muslim’s take credit for their acts of evil because it is a recruiting tool and a money raiser. They want the publicity that the American media would give them..
I can't remember the result of all that. I can't even find a link to the story.
I do. It was a young guy, possibly a student. Lost his head, IIRC.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_University_of_Oklahoma_bombing#Hinrichs Look at the Pakistani-style beard on the bomber.
Anyone remember that the Aurora CO theater shooter now claims to be a moslem?
At least, that’s what we’re being told.
They can take the Masters off their target list..Tiger Woods has already blown himself up..
It was Norman, OK not Stillwater.
The real challenge would be the media and politicians who have bodyguards and security advisors beyond all belief making it a real challenge. An added bonus resulting from attacks on our societies aforementioned vermin would be the unexpressed public approbation.
THE WASHINGTON FREE BEACON: "AL QAEDA LINK PROBED Al Qaeda investigated in Boston blasts" by Bill Gertz (SNIPPET: "One jihadist identified on Twitter "Nasir Qa'idat al-Jihad" said the attack was significant for breaching security at a major event in the United States and that whoever was behind the attack was not as important.") (April 16, 2013 3:11 pm) (Read More )
INVESTIGATIVE PROJECT.org - For The Record - The IPT Blog: "BOSTON MARATHON BOMB PROBE FOCUSING ON PRESSURE COOKERS" (SNIPPET: "At least two previous terror plots in America included pressure cookers. One of the explosives Faisal Shahzad left in Times Square was a loaded pressure cooker, the DHS release said. And in 2011, Army Pvt. Jason Naser Abdo told investigators he planned to pack gun powder and shrapnel into pressure cookers as part of an attack on a restaurant popular with personnel from Fort Hood. When he was arrested, Abdo had a copy of Inspire magazine and explosive supplies and two pressure cookers.") (April 16, 2013 1:36 pm) (Read More )
INVESTIGATIVE PROJECT.org - For The Record - The IPT Blog: "JIHAD IS COOL: Jihadist Magazines Recruit Young Terrorists" (SNIPPET: "Jihad recruitment has evolved into using a mainstream format, it is now cool. Print and online magazines provide practical detailed instruction on how to commit terrorist acts. The latest offering, Lone Mujahid Pocketbook, Spring 2013, is published courtesy of al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula's Inspire magazine, and is available on multiple websites.") (April 11, 2013 4:39 pm) (Read More )
MEMRI.org - Inquiry & Analysis Series Report No. 886: "The Life and Legacy of American Al-Qaeda Online Jihad Pioneer Samir Khan -- Editor of Al-Qaeda Magazine 'Inspire' and a Driving Force Behind Al-Qaeda's Push for 'Lone-Wolf' Terror Attack in West" by Steven Stalinsky and R. Sosnow (September 28, 2012) (Read More )
A bit off topic, but adding additional info regarding Al Suuri here:
Note: Photo at link.
SETMARIAM NASAR, MUSTAFA
WANTED BY THE JUDICIAL AUTHORITIES OF SPAIN FOR PROSECUTION / TO SERVE A SENTENCE
Present family name : SETMARIAM NASAR
Forname : MUSTAFA
Sex : Male
Date of birth : 26/10/1958 (54 years old)
Place of birth : ALEPPO, Syria
Language spoken : Arabic
Nationality : Spain, Syria
CHARGES Published as provided by requesting entity
MEMBERSHIP OF A TERRORIST ORGANISATION
IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Your national or local police
General Secretariat of INTERPOL
“Al-Qaeda Propagandist Called for Attacks on Sports Events”
April 16, 2013
By Patrick Goodenough
SNIPPET: “Al-Suri, a Syrian-born jihadist whose proper name is Mustafa Setmariam Nasar, is credited with authoring a 1,600-page online propaganda treatise entitled Call for Global Islamic Resistance.
He was captured in Pakistan in late 2005 and turned over to the U.S. custody. Wanted for plotting jihad against Syrias Assad regime, he was then handed over to the Syrians.
But Syria reportedly released him in late 2011, a step experts speculated at the time was a signal to the U.S. government that Damascus counterterror cooperation was over because of its support for the anti-Assad opposition.
Al-Suri, who holds joint Syrian and Spanish citizenship, is wanted by Spain for alleged involvement in the 2004 Madrid train bombings that killed 191 people, and is the subject of an Interpol red notice.
His article on the most important enemy targets appeared in the ninth edition of Inspire, an AQAP publication which terrorism experts say has played an important role in cultivating and inciting English-speaking jihadists to plot attacks against Western targets.”
Spelling Correction: al Suri
Obama meets with Saudi foreign minister, discusses Syria
Yahoo! News ^ | April 17th, 2013 | Jeff Mason
Posted on April 17, 2013 4:52:06 PM PDT by Third Person
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama met with Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal at the White House on Wednesday and discussed the conflict in Syria, a spokeswoman said. The meeting was not on Obama’s public schedule. The spokeswoman, Caitlin Hayden, said the president joined a meeting between the Saudi official and Obama’s national security adviser, Tom Donilon. “The president and Prince Saud al-Faisal reaffirmed the strong partnership between the United States and Saudi Arabia and discussed developments in the region, including the conflict in Syria,” Hayden said in a statement.
(Excerpt) Read more at ca.news.yahoo.com ...
Note: Adding to Post no. 22:
“REPORT: SAUDI NATIONAL RULED OUT AS SUSPECT IN BOSTON MARATHON BOMBINGS TO BE DEPORTED ON NATIONAL SECURITY GROUNDS NEXT WEEK”
Apr. 18, 2013 12:30am
SNIPPET: “Appearing on Hannity Wednesday night, the Investigative Project on Terrorisms Steve Emerson reported that Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi, the Saudi national who was briefly named a person of interest in the Boston Marathon bombings, is being deported on Tuesday. He based his information on a number of his confidential sources.”
SNIPPET: “Emersons claims have not been verified.”
“US drones kill 5 AQAP operatives in Yemen”
By BILL ROGGIO
April 17, 2013
SNIPPET: “The US launched a pair of drone strikes against al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula today in a remote area in central Yemen, according to reports. The strikes are the first recorded in the country since the end of January.
The remotely piloted Predators or the more deadly Reapers attacked two separate targets in the Oussab al Ali area, which was described by The Associated Press as a mountainous region “located in the middle of three provinces of central Damar, southern Ibb and eastern Hodeida.”
The first strike killed four AQAP fighters as they were driving a vehicle in the area, Yemeni intelligence officials told AP.
The second strike killed Hamed Radman, who was described as an “influential al Qaeda member” who “played a role in recruitment.” A Yemeni witness in the area said that US drones were deployed over the village where Radman was killed for three days before striking.
Today’s strikes are the first reported in Yemen since Jan. 23, when six AQAP fighters were killed in an attack in Sana’a province. The US launched four other strikes in Yemen in January. Two such attacks took place in Marib province on Jan. 19 and Jan. 21; two Saudis are reported to have been killed in the Jan. 19 attack. In another strike, on Jan. 22, the US killed four AQAP fighters in a strike on a vehicle in Al Jawf province in northern Yemen. And, on Jan. 3, a strike in Al Baydah province killed a local AQAP commander and two fighters.”
Note: The details in this video are more viewable using a full screen.
WSJ.com - THE WALL STREET JOURNAL: "THE NEW MASTERMIND OF JIHAD A recently freed Islamist thinker has long advocated small-scale, independent acts of anti-Western terror" by David Samuels (SNIPPET: "Mr. al-Suri fled to France and then to Madrid, where he met and married a Spanish woman named Elena Moreno Cruz, who converted to Islam and accompanied him on his subsequent journeys. Ms. Cruz furnished him with an EU passport, and he has remained, by several accounts, deeply in love with her.") (April 6, 2012) (Read More )
WATCH THIS. Thank you.
Video - Description - quote:
Surveillance Video Related to Boston Bombings
Published on Apr 18, 2013
News & Politics
Standard YouTube License
LOOK AT THESE PHOTOS. Thank you.
Hi angcat, you are on the wrong thread.
Tiger was mentioned so I just could not help myself. A little break from all the stress.
Additional Thread discussing video & photos:
Here are some more photos. LOOK AT THESE PHOTOS. Thank you.
ADDING to post no. 35:
One suspect apprehended, another remains on the loose”
By Wesley Lowery, Akilah Johnson, Eric Moskowitz and Lisa Wangsness | GLOBE STAFF APRIL 19, 2013
Wall Street Journal
FBI is trying to determine whether explosions and a shootout that left an MIT cop dead are connected to the Boston Marathon bombings.
12:39 AM - 19 Apr 13
Law Enforcement Activity in Greater Boston Area
April 19, 2013
Special Agent Greg Comcowich
We are aware of the law enforcement activity in the greater Boston area. The situation is ongoing. We are working with local authorities to determine what happened.
One suspect dead. One at large. Armed and dangerous. White hat suspect at large.
1:02 AM - 19 Apr 13
Making link clickable:
Note: Copy of photo at link.
Boston Police Dept.Verified account
Per Commissioner Davis: One suspect deceased, 2nd suspect (white hat) at large & considered armed & dangerous.
UPDATE - Photos.
“Updates on Investigation Into Multiple Explosions in Boston”
April 19, 2013, 2:00 a.m. EDT
“Additional Photos Released in Bombings Case”
“Suspect in murder of MIT cop dead, 2nd suspect, tied to Boston bombing, at large, police say”
Published April 19, 2013
“McCaul on Identification of Boston Suspects: We Have a Conspiracy Now
‘This marathon bombing [...] plays into the Al Qaeda playbook’”
(April 18, 2013)
One Boston Marathon bombing suspect killed, another at large”
By Wesley Lowery, Akilah Johnson, Eric Moskowitz and Lisa Wangsness | GLOBE STAFF APRIL 19, 2013
ADDING a second link to post no. 47:
“1 Boston Marathon bombing suspect dead, another on the run, authorities say”
Published April 19, 2013
“Police: MIT Officer Killed by Boston Bombing Suspects”
MEGHAN BARR AND KATIE ZEZIMA
SOURCE: ASSOCIATED PRESS
CREATED: APRIL 19, 2013
SNIPPET: “WATERTOWN, Mass. (AP) — Two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing killed an MIT police officer, injured a transit officer in a firefight and threw explosive devices at police during their getaway attempt in a long night of violence that left one of them dead and another still at large Friday, authorities said as the manhunt intensified for a young man described as a dangerous terrorist.
In Boston, still on edge over the attack on the marathon, and its western suburbs, authorities suspended mass transit and urged people to stay indoors as they searched for a man seen wearing a white baseball cap on surveillance footage from Monday’s deadly bombing at the marathon finish line.”
AP: Boston bombing suspects identified as brothers from Russia, near Chechnya
April 19, 2013 10:53
Edited time: April 19, 2013 11:45
SNIPPET: AP sources identify the surviving Boston bomber as Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19. The man is said to be from Russias south, not far from the Chechen Republic.
The man reportedly lived in Turkey before arriving legally in the US at least a year ago.
The name is listed among the recipients of Cambridge scholarships in 2011.
The second suspect is said to be his brother Tamerlan, 26.
SNIPPET: The Cambridge school mentions Dzhokhar Tsarnaev as its athlete of the month for February 2011, saying that he is an athlete.
The VKontakte page studied by RT mentions a school in Makhachkala, the capital of the Republic of Dagestan, as a place Tsarnaev studied between 1999 and 2001.
The Tsarnaev family moved to Dagestan from Kyrgyzstan in 2001, the school spokesman told RT. Dzhokhar studied there for just one year and produced no particular impression, good or bad, on the teachers.
Dzhokhar has several Chechen-related interests stated in his profile. He states that he speaks Russian, English and Chechen and holds career and money as his personal priorities. He claims he is a believer in Islam.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.