Skip to comments.Who was in Israel first, the Jews or Palestinians
Posted on 12/05/2001 7:50:45 PM PST by 100American
Here are 20 conveniently overlooked facts that give some perspective to the current Middle East situation. These were compiled by a Christian university professor..... Takes just 1.5 minutes to read!!!
1. Israel became a nation in 1312 B.C.E., two thousand years before the rise of Islam.
2. Arab refugees began identifying themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the modern State of Israel.
3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 B.C.E, the Jews had dominion over the land for one thousand years with a continuous presence in the land for the past 3,300 years.
4.The only Arab domination since the conquest in 635 C.E. lasted no more than 22 years.
5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital. Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem, they never sought to make it their capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit.
6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 hundred times in Bible. Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Koran.
7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never came to Jerusalem.
8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward Jerusalem.
9. Arab and Jewish refugees: Arabs were not driven out of their homes. Following the UN decision on Partition in 1948, the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders, promising to purge the land of Jews. They argued that an "Arab presence" would only get in the way of the planned devastation. Sixty-eight percent left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier.
10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms.
11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees absorbed by Israel from Arab countries is estimated to be the same.
12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, theirs is the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own peoples'lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a country no larger than the state of New Jersey.
13. The Arabs are represented by eight separate nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only one Jewish nation. The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost. Israel defended itself each time and won.
14. The P.L.O.'s Charter still calls for the destruction of the state of Israel. Israel has given the Palestinians most of the West Bank and autonomy under the Palestinian Authority, and has supplied their police and security forces with weapons.
15. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the Jews were denied access to places of worship. Jewish grave markers were used to build public urinals in occupied Jerusalem. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all faiths.
16. The U.N. record on Israel and the Arabs of the 175 Security Council resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against Israel -- notwithstanding the fact that the Arabs refused to participate in the 15 nation United Nations Commission of Palestine which recommended partition in 1948 and sought immediately to undo its work by force of arms.
17. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were directed against Israel.
18. The U.N. was silent while 58 Jerusalem Synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians between 1948 and 1967.
19. The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives between 1948 and 1967.
20. The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount and the Western Wall between 1948 and 1967.
I think it dishonest for the Palestinians to claim Israel as their homeland based upon this info. Please fellow freepers, tell me where this info is wrong. If not, then Israel has a right to defend herself using whatever means posible
Current scholarship among those who accept that there was a Moses and an Exodus, places the event in the mid-fifteenth century, and remember the Passover and the Lawgiving occurred only some 50 days apart in the same calendar year...
The correct date is thus 1461 to 1441 BCE, and my bet is toward the latter end of that, say 1444, that has a certain ring to it, all those 4's...
denw --- put you ping list to this thread!
veronica --- for your files!
monkeyshine --- see above to veronica! (stolen from you)
1. If an area was ours for 500 years and yours for 50 years, it should belong to us -- you are merely occupiers.
2. If an area was yours for 500 years and ours for 50 years, it should belong to us -- borders must not be changed.
3. If an area belonged to us 500 years ago but never since then, it should belong to us -- it is the Cradle of our Nation.
4. If a majority of our people live there, it must belong to us -- they must enjoy the right of self-determination.
5. If a minority of our people live there, it must belong to us -- they must be protected against your oppression.
6. All the above rules apply to us but not to you.
7. Our dream of greatness is Historical Necessity, yours is Fascism.
Israel should kick out all arabs out of west bank and gaza and secure it's border.................
So true. There are essentially no important difference between Palestinians and Jews. They are the same people. It's just that some are in different stages of hysteric denial.
You didn't give the source for this list. It's at
Jordan, Arabia, and Lebanon together are perhaps 25%, if one looks at where their ancestors lived in 1850.
Egypt would be about 60%. Perhaps 15% lived in what is now Israel in 1850.
PS Arafat is a pseudonym of course: it is the holy mountain outside Mecca where Satan appeared to Muhammad some 615 AD.
That's why there will be no peace in the middle east, till the the anti-christ shows up.......
Your item 11. You say 630,000 "Palestinians" fled in 1948 from Israel, and seemingly you are saying never returned. First of all, the term Palestinian was never then used for Arabs, who were just called Arabs. It meant the Jews living there if it meant anyone. Secondly, the 630M is the estimate of the total number of Arabs then living in 1948 in what became Israel, not the number who fled, much less the number who stayed away and never came back. The true number is more like 200 to 300 thousand, tops...
The Jews immigrated, conquered, and stole that land fair and square. If they are strong enough, they can keep it. If other people are strong enough to take it back, the Israelis will lose it.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.