Skip to comments.
Islamic And Mormonism Similarities
The Interactive Bible ^
| Brother Andrew
Posted on 11/26/2011 9:17:24 PM PST by delacoert
Similarities between Joseph Smith and Muhammad:
- The followers of Muhammad and Joseph Smith both killed innocent "infidel" on the same date of 9/11. On September 11, 1857, Mormon militia massacred about 140 men, women and children under the authority of Brigham Young. However 17 very young children were spared and adopted into Mormon families. They were in fact sold to the highest Mormon family bidder and resold and traded many times afterwords. This event is called "The Mountain Meadows" massacre. Mormon leaders engaged in a deliberate rewriting of history to deny they were behind the murders. On September 11, 2001 Muhammad's followers, using the Koran as a guide, sent two airplanes into the World Trade Center killing 3000 innocent men, women and children. Muslims today have a PhD in rewriting history and preach in the mosques that Jews were actually driving the planes, not Muslim terrorists.
- Both were visited by an angel. Joseph Smith was visited by the angel "Moroni" and Muhammad by Gabriel. Galatians 1:6-9 says, "I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; 7 which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you, and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed."
- Both were given visions.
- Both were told that no true religion existed on the earth. In the published account of his life, Joseph Smith related that he became very disturbed when he was a youth because of the "strife among the different denominations," and this "cry and tumult" led him to ask God "which of all the sects were right and which I should join." He was told that he must "join none of them, for they were all wrong... that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt..." (Pearl of Great Price, Joseph Smith 2:8-19) N. J. Dawood says that Mohammed was also concerned with the fact that the Jews and Christians had "divided themselves into schismatic sects." In the scriptures given by Mohammed, we read: "Yet the Sects are divided concerning Jesus.... Truly, the unbelievers are in the grossest error." (The Koran, translated by N. J. Dawood, Surah 19, p. 34) In Surah 30, page 190, this warning appears: "Do not split up your religion into sects, each exulting in its own beliefs." In Surah 3, page 398, we read: "The only true faith in Allah's sight is Islam. Those to whom the Scriptures [i.e., Jews and Christians] were given disagreed among themselves through jealousy only after knowledge had been given them."
- Both were to restore the long lost faith as the one true religion. Islam makes claim that Adam and Abraham were Muslims, a claim that is as ridiculous as it is undocumented from either history or archaeology. Mormons make the unsubstantiated claim that the church in the first century were Mormon.
- Both wrote a book inspired by God.
- Both claimed to be illiterate or uneducated and used this as proof the book was inspired. "How could an illiterate man write the Koran or the Book of Mormon?" Joseph Smith is claimed to have only grade three education.
- Both claimed the Bible was lost, altered, corrupted and unreliable.
- Both claimed their holy book was the most correct and perfect book on earth.
- Both claimed that their new "Bible" was based upon a record stored in heaven. With Islam, it is the "mother book" that resides in heaven with God. With Mormonism, it is the golden Nephi plates that the angel Moroni took back to heaven.
- Both claim that the version we have in our hands today are identical to what the prophet revealed and that parts are not lost, altered and corrupted. Of course the proof that these claims are invalid is found in two books. The Mormon claim is proven false by a book called "3913 Changes to Book of Mormon" by Sandra Tanner. The Islamic claim is proven false by a book (In Arabic language) called, "Making Easy the Readings of What Has Been Sent Down" by Muhammad Fahd Khaaruun. Both books show that the copy of the book of Mormon and the Koran used today is different from what was originally used when each religion was started.
- Both claimed to be a final prophet of God.
- Both claimed they were persecuted because of their pure faith.
- Both were polygamists who had many wives.
- Both borrowed from paganism/polytheism. Muhammad incorporated that polytheistic moon god called "Allah" and "Allah's three daughters" into Islam. Basically Muhammad chose Allah from within 350 known gods that were worshipped in Arabia and proclaimed the moon god to be the greatest and only God. Smith borrowed from a doctrine called "pyramidology" and the Masons and other magic systems.
- Both received "after the fact corrective revelations" from God. Muhammad retracted the Satanic verses and Mormons retracted Smith's divine order mandating polygamy. But for Mormons it there is even a closer parallel. Sounds exactly like Muhammad and his satanic verses.
"As many false reports have been circulated respecting the following work, and also many unlawful measures taken by evil designing persons to destroy me, and also the work, I would inform you that I translated by the gift and power of God, and caused to be written, one hundred and sixteen pages, the which I took from the Book of Lehi... which said account, some person or persons have stolen and kept from me, notwithstanding my utmost exertions to recover it again and being commanded of the Lord that I should not translate the same over again, for Satan had put it into their hearts to tempt the Lord their God, by altering the words, that they did read contrary from that which I translated and caused to be written; and if I should bring forth the same words again, or, in other words, if I should translate the same over, they would publish that which they had stolen, and Satan would stir up the hearts of this generation, that they might not receive this work: but behold, the Lord said unto me, I will not suffer that Satan shall accomplish his evil design in this thing: therefore thou shalt translate from the plates of Nephi, until ye come to that which ye have translated... I will shew unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the Devil." (Book of Mormon, 1830 edition, Preface)
- Immediately after the death of Muhammad and Smith, a fight broke out from among the "faithful converts" as to who would succeed Muhammad and Smith. Both groups were plunged into irreparable division that has endured ever since. Islam and Mormonism both have squabbles among themselves as to who is the one true splinter group of their prophet!
- Mormons, contrary to the Bible, "baptize the dead" by gathering genealogies of all men who lived on earth. This contradicts the Bible: "But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and strife and disputes about the Law, for they are unprofitable and worthless." Tit 3:9 While the Bible says avoid focusing in Genealogies, the Mormon church makes it their central focus of mission. Mormons have even been criticized for baptizing, by proxy, the Jews had died in Nazi Holocaust camps. When lists of genealogies are collected, living Mormons are baptized, on behalf of, those on the lists, who have already died. In this way, Mormons view every man who lived, as being Mormons. In the same way Muslims claim that all men are born Muslims and when they learn the truth of Christianity, they are apostatizing from their first faith. Muslims re-write history by proclaiming Jesus and the Apostles were Muslims in a similar way Mormons baptize Jews (for example) with the expectation they will be Mormons in the next life. Yet gathering of large genealogical lists no more makes dead people Mormons in the next life, than re-writing history makes Jesus into a Muslim.
- Both the Islam and Mormon religions have those who follow the "original doctrine" of the founding leaders and like these founding leaders, are violent, polygamists, and have revelations justifying their evil actions.
- Both Muslims and Mormons (and Jehovah's Witnesses) have progressive revelation. Jw's call it "new light". Muslims call it "Nasikh". Jehovah's Witnesses were once instructed to celebrated Christmas, birthdays and salute the flag, but "new light" changed all that. Mormons like all Muslims, were originally polygamists until "The Manifesto" against polygamy came as a revelation to John Taylor, over 40 years after Smith's death, on the eve of the US government outlawing the practice of polygamy. New revelation always replaces older revelation that became inconvenient to the prophet.
KEYWORDS: 11sept1857; brotherandrew; cults; josephsmith; lds; mittromney; mittromneysreligion; mohammed; mohammedanism; mormonism; mormons; moslem; moslems; polygamy; polygyny; romney; romneysreligion; saudrasconfused
In another thread, #13: Jihad and Sharia: A Clear Contrast
, Saundra Duffy was unaware of specific, clear, and reliable similarities between Joseph Smith and Muhammad. Above is a good place to grow a clue.
posted on 11/26/2011 9:17:27 PM PST
To: Saundra Duffy; Religion Moderator
posted on 11/26/2011 9:19:25 PM PST
On September 11, 1857, Mormon militia massacred about 140 men, women and children under the authority of Brigham Young...
Yeah, it's not like there's any sort of context in which this event can be placed.
posted on 11/26/2011 9:24:57 PM PST
(If Lionel Hutz and Guy Smiley had a lovechild together, his name would be "Mitt Romney." -KAJ)
Islamic And Mormonism Similarities
Besides being false religions?
posted on 11/26/2011 9:27:02 PM PST
(Romney will never get my vote)
Oh, I get it. The slaughter of men, women and children by mormons who blamed it on Indians is ok because sometime before that they were forced out of a state where they cheated, lied and stole what ever the could get their hands on. It just makes perfect sense.
posted on 11/26/2011 9:28:22 PM PST
(God's Grace - thank you!)
“Muslims today have a PhD in rewriting history and preach in the mosques that Jews were actually driving the planes, not Muslim terrorists.”
Comment #7 Removed by Moderator
To: Porterville; delacoert
Since this is a religion forum and this a religion post, one must ask “what’s wrong with you” that you would get on this forum and complain about it.
posted on 11/26/2011 10:05:09 PM PST
(God's Grace - thank you!)
Comment #9 Removed by Moderator
Discuss the issues all you want, but do not make it personal.
Brilliant. I formed the conclusion that Mormonism and Islam are the same "religion by men for men" several years ago after reading about their common rejection of Christ and their common mistreatment of women. Both claimed their holy book was the most correct and perfect book on earth.True. Thanks for the link.
posted on 11/26/2011 11:57:20 PM PST
("Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." Robert Louis Stevenson (1850-94))
ping to an interesting comparison thread
posted on 11/27/2011 12:31:17 AM PST
(Cogito, ergo conservatus sum)
Want a good laugh? Compare Mormonism and Scientology.
posted on 11/27/2011 2:15:22 AM PST
(You can't invade the US. There'd be a rifle behind every blade of grass.~Admiral Yamamoto)
Scientology’s *way* funnier.....:)
posted on 11/27/2011 3:19:43 AM PST
(I'm Wounded, Old And Treacherous.)
And both have a weird connection with *gasp!*...SALAMANDERS!
posted on 11/27/2011 3:20:47 AM PST
(I'm Wounded, Old And Treacherous.)
I would be willing to hazard a guess that Sidney Rigdon-—an educated but heretical Baptist minister whom I believe to be the true author of the Book of Mormon-—was quite knowledgeable of Islam.
That period of US history came hot on the heals of the Barbary Pirates conflict which got many Americans to study Mohammedism in an effort to understand the enemy. Even Thomas Jefferson owned a translated Koran. Rigdon was an intellectually curious man; an English translation of the Koran sounds like something that would have been right up his alley.
People like Rigdon and his protege` Joe Smith were interested in establishing an authoritarian system with a religious facade-—a system mainly about power, sex, and material gain. What better model to follow in pursuit of those aims than Islam?
posted on 11/27/2011 4:08:17 AM PST
ALL religions have similarities with Islam. They all have things that they add/subtract/re-define from the Bible (I'll stick with Christian religions) and they all divert folks from the goal via extra "rules" and by elevating men above the laity. The net sum is that they complicate a simple message - give your self to Christ - Repent of your sins and ask His forgiveness. Love everyone, but love God above all else. Carry the good Word.
While the religions all have that in common, they also have a gazillion distractors tossed in. In short, if people relied on God's Word, instead of adding their own slants, there would be no radical religions.
posted on 11/27/2011 5:08:18 AM PST
("If a man will not work, he should not eat" From 2 Thes 3)
Sorry, but I live too close to Clearwater to find any humor in Scientology anymore.
posted on 11/27/2011 6:17:55 AM PST
Sidney Rigdon-an educated but heretical Baptist minister whom I believe to be the true author of the Book of Mormon
Unlikely, since the book was published before SR came into contact with it.
——Sorry, but I live too close to Clearwater to find any humor in Scientology anymore.——
Tell me about it......watching them walk around Clearwater like zombies is very disconcerting knowing their life is going down into a deep dark hole with a very difficult way out....sometimes even life ending
Scientology is a seriously Dangerous messed up cult....
At least most Mormons are decent family oriented religion as opposed to Hubbard death cult which drive families apart
posted on 11/27/2011 6:28:54 AM PST
(Obama is God's curse upon the land....)
To: Sherman Logan
There are timelines available on the web the uncanny coincidences between Rigdon’s absences from Pittsburg and the “Angel Moroni’s” “miraculous” appearances to Joe Smith in NY State.
Believe whatever you want-—it is still a free country-—but it takes no great detective skill to put together a conspiracy scenario consisting of Joe, his mentor Sid, “A View of th Hebrews,” “Manuscript Lost,” and likely the Koran to fabricate what was to become the greatest humbug in American history.
posted on 11/27/2011 7:32:07 AM PST
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson