Skip to comments.IRAQ IN THE BIBLE -- INTERESTING FACTS
Posted on 06/16/2005 5:11:43 PM PDT by Paul Ciniraj
1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq. (it sure doesn't look much like Paradise on earth today thanks to Saddam).
2. Mesopotamia which is now Iraq was the cradle of civilization!
3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.
4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.
5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!
6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor which is in Iraq.
7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.
8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.
9. Assyria which is in Iraq conquered the ten tribes of Israel.
10. Amos cried out in Iraq!
11. Babylon which is in Iraq destroyed Jerusalem.
12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!
13. The 3 Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (that's good news to know that JESUS has been in Iraq too as the 4th person in the fiery furnace!).
14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq. (which hopefully Saddam will too!).
15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.
16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.
17. The wise men were from Iraq. (where are the "wise" men today?).
18. Peter preached in Iraq.
19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon which was a city in Iraq!
And you have probably seen this one. Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second?
It is Iraq! However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible. The names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq means country with deep roots. Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.
Eden was in Iraq -- Genesis 2:10-14.
Adam & Eve were created in Iraq -- Genesis 2:7-8.
Satan made his first recorded appearance in Iraq -- Genesis 3:1-6.
Nimrod established Babylon & theTower of Babel was built in Iraq -- Genesis 10:8-97 & 11:1-4.
The confusion of the languages took place in Iraq -- Genesis 11:5-11.
Abraham came from a city in Iraq -- Genesis 11:31 & Acts 7:2-4.
Isaac's bride came from Iraq -- Genesis 24:3-4 &10.
Jacob spent 20 years in Iraq -- Genesis 27:42-45 & 31:38.
The first world Empire was in Iraq -- Daniel 1:1-2 & 2:36-38.
The greatest revival in history was in a city in Iraq -- Jonah 3.
The events of the book of Esther took place in Iraq -- Esther.
The book of Nahum was a prophecy against a city in Iraq -- Nahum.
The book or Revelation has prophecies against Babylon, which was the old name for the nation of Iraq -- Revelation 17 &18.
No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated with it than Iraq.
Pastor Paul Ciniraj, Salem Voice, Devalokam (P.O), Kottayam, Kerala-686038, India.
Filled with errors. Many of the listed were in Persia which is Iran not Iraq. There was no Iraq at the time - the country was Persia modern day IRAN not Iraq.
Babylon and Persia were certainly two distinct states. As was Assyria. He clearly says that he means the land area of modern Iraq, not the actual state of Iraq.
Let us say you are correct (disputed) -so what.
Sorry - not so what - "point being"?
No exactly so.
Persia was in the location of modern day Iran. Assyria and Babylon are in different parts of modern day Iraq.
The descendants of the Medes are the Kurds who are in parts of modern day northern Iraq. Therefore, you have some points in your favor since it was called the Medo-Persian Empire.
I think Esther was the queen of the Persian king, so that shouldn't have been in Iraq. Also, I'm unclear whether Daniel in the Lions Den would have been in Iraq since that, too, happened under the Persian king. However, he could have stayed in Babylon and had it happen under the Persian regent.