Skip to comments.Current Communist Goals (1958)
Posted on 11/06/2004 11:01:50 AM PST by Remember_Salamis
I don't know how many of you have read this; it's been posted at FR dozens of times since the site was stood up. But there's a lot of new FReepers around that should read this. It is taken from the 1958 book "The Neked Communist" by Cleon Skousen, an FBI Agent. In it, he published a list of what Communism's goals were/are for America. It was later entered into the Conressional Record by Congressman Albert Herlong (D-FL). It is a chilling document when looking back at how many of the 45 goals have been accomplished. Many assume that Skousen somehow acquired a list of goals, which is highly unlikely. What's more likely is that Skousen looked at Communist documents and actions at the time, then extrapolated how they would accomplish those goals. BUT THIS DOES NOT DETRACT FROM THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE DOCUMENT. Regardless, words written in 1958 are dead-on accurate predictions of how the Left operates today.
You might need to send it out to everybody you know.
Communist Goals (1963) Documention below
Congressional Record--Appendix, pp. A34-A35 January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman's request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following "Current Communist Goals," which she identifies as an excerpt from "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen:
[From "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
Note by Webmaster: The Congressional Record back this far has not be digitized and posted on the Internet.
It will probably be available at your nearest library that is a federal repository. Call them and ask them.
Your college library is probably a repository. This is an excellent source of government records.
Another source are your Congress Critters. They should be more than happy to help you in this matter.
You will find the Ten Planks of the Communist Manifesto interesting at this point.
Click here to see them listed with brain-challenging comments.
Webmaster Forest Glen Durland found the document in the library. Sources are listed below. The quote starts on page 259.
California State University at San Jose Clark Library, Government Floor Phone (408)924-2770 Microfilm Call Number: J 11 .R5 Congressional Record, Vol. 109 88th Congress, 1st Session Appendix Pages A1-A2842 Jan. 9-May 7, 1963 Reel 12
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The book was found in the off campus stacks, was ordered and checked. The quote below was checked against the original and is correct. The few errors in the copy from the Congressional Record are shown in [ ] .
The quote starts on page 259.
California State University at San Jose, Clark Library stacks call number: Naked Communist HX 56 S55
Book title page: Skousen, W. Cleon. Naked Communist Salt Lake City, Utah: Ensign Publishing Co. C. 1961 , 9th edition July 1961.
I would love to send this to all Libs in my family and ask them to please redefine themselves as Communists and move to an appropriate country.
A lot of this was seen in the "STOP RED TRADE" movement by Young Republicans in the 1960s in attempt to stop trade with the USSR by IBM, Firestone, and others.
Dude, this sounds scary. Makes you wish for another Augusto Pinochet or Park Chung-hee.
Mission accomplished on that one. .....and on so many others.
If our enemy can destroy two vital institutions in America they will win
1. First is The Traditional Christian Family
2. Second Supreme Court Judges...
If they get the first they can destroy the 'internal policeman' each citizen must have to live free and be a good partner Democracy flourishes...if the internal policeman is never allowed to develope then Democracy will destroy the USA
If they get the second then the Constitution will be done away with...they can use the excuse of citizens who cannot handle freedom and have no internal locus of control to usurp the Constitution in favor of protecting citizens which is also their duty...
its a one two punch..
Good post and should be made available to all our citizens more often.
Thursday, January 10, 1963 - 41 years ago - Where were our watchdogs? Warned - yet ignored -
With so many of the items coming about - it's hard to believe the goals aren't being followed/carried out by people/groups in this nation - (And in high places)
How about someone send this to President Bush - and get his thoughts on it - Is this "his" view of America - He seems to agree with some of the goals and has backed them - I wonder if he had any idea of the true "reason" behind the moves -
Of course - from recent and past actions - The major media appears to be one of those working for the goals - maybe even one of the "leaders" -
I hope all of Congress takes note - but with the China issues - it may already be too late -
just thoughts - took 41 years - perhaps a step plan to reverse the harm wouldn't hurt -
Lessee, in 2004 the democrat party ran someone for president who, thirty years earlier, was a known collaborator with the Communist enemy. Hmmmm...
In another lifetime (my school days) my 7th grade geography teacher explained to us that Social Security was a pyramid scheme and would eventually fail- in our lifetime. He also discussed many of the ideas on this list. He was able,in simple language,to get into our heads not only the impracticality of communism- but show us how everything about it was opposite our Constitution and destructive of liberty and freedom.
I've never seen this list before- but it seems familiar because of the wisdom of my teacher.
Here's a side-note. My schooling was in New England- Massachusetts to be precise! I'm a babyboomer, and when I was growing up New Englanders were an independent and self-sufficient bunch. The word welfare was used in ref to safety or general health. If a family was in trouble financially, the doctor wouldn't charge them for visits, the bank would let the mortgage go a few months, and the church would make sure the kids were fed and cared for. This almost never happened- New Englanders were hard and honorable workers.
When I go home now, I keep looking to see these people, hoping they're still there...hoping against hope. I'm sure in some little villages, pockets of sanity are still there...I just don't see them.
This list is sobering.
The underlying purpose here was to demolish the traditional society which was seen as the main impedement to implementing a true communist program. In the intervening years they have accomplished much of what they set out to do in 1958 and earlier.
We need a new Senator McCarthy.
Well, we actually owe the Red Chinese quite a bit of money these days, something I don't believe that even our most pessimistic folks in the 1950s would have ever guessed we would ever be in debt to the Chicoms.
It appears that they also missed shipping our industrial base over to the Chicoms.
If I were a 1940s/1950s/1960s Soviet Analyst trying to find out how to break the bonds that make America so great, I would start by looking at the Constitution. I would say to myself "Where's the flaw in the original constitution?" And then I would realize that although our system is set up on a system of checks and balances throughout the three branches of government, I would realize that one branch has far more power over the other branches and far ess power over it: The Judicial Branch.
In the executive-legislative relationship, there is an excellent "checks and balances" system: The Executive Branch can veto congressional legislation by the stroke of a pen, and the legislative branch can pass veto-proof legislation.
But moving on to the Judicial-Legislative relationship, there is a disporportional relationship: Congress can pass legislation, but the Judicial Branch can in effect veto it through Judicial Review. To override that decision, a Constitutional Amerndment must be passed with 2/3 support in Congress and ratification by 3/4 of all states. It is a massivley disporportional balance that our Founding Fathers did not see.
As this hypothetical Soviet Analyst, I would then come to the conclusion that by side must work through the courts to get what I want, but how? I would discover that after a painful, bloody Civil War, the United States in it's haste passed an amendment to it's constution, albeit illegally, that outlawed state sovereignty and trumped every other porivision in the constitution. That's right, the 14th Amendment. When fully enforced, the amendment technically states that the laws of one state cannot conflict with the laws of another. Although the Constitution was written to constrain the Federal Government, incorporation of the 14th Amendment into the Bill of Rights makes the Constitution restrict states rights rights as well.
Because of this loophole, all we (the Communists) need to do is pass a law or get a law overturned in only one state and it will apply to all 50.
We will get our friends in to the law profession, who have backstage access to the courts, politics, and business. We can sue, defame, and attack anybody who does not agree with us. Some of our more senior operatives will oneday put a robe on and gain immense power.
It's not a bad plan....
The irony of this document is that Congressmena Herlong, the man who entered Skousen's work into congressional record, was in fact a Democrat. Ironically, it is that man's very party would by taken over by the Hard Left just 5 short years later (1968).
Question: Is this for real? I mean, really really real? It sure seems official, yes. But it also seems a little too neat and convenient, for our side. I've seen it crop up in many venues over the years, and every time I read it, I find myself saying Yes!, Yes!, Yes!...uh, wait a minute. This is not a challenge. This is a question.
David Horowitz, the Editor of FrontPage MAgazine, was raised as a communist in Brooklyn, a "red daiper baby". He discovered the fallacy of the entire movement and is now THE staunchest anti-communist/anti-leftist in America today. Maybe Horowitz should run for office....
This is scary. But I have a question for anybody out there. Did they mention anything about taking control of the Police departments?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.