Skip to comments.Iranian Alert - December 18, 2005 - German Intelligence Warns That Iran Has New Missiles
Posted on 12/18/2005 1:52:51 PM PST by DoctorZIn
Top News Story
German Intelligence Warns That Iran Has New Missiles
Deutsche Presse-Agentur:German intelligence believes Iran has now bought 18 longer-range missiles from North Korea, giving Teheran the capability to attack targets in central Europe, the German daily newspaper Bild reported Friday.
The study by the foreign intelligence service BND said the BM-25 missiles were being purchased from Pyongyang in the form of kit sets. The mobile missiles, which are based on the Russian SS-N-6 missile for submarine launch, will have a nominal range of 2,500 kilometres.
However it was possible to upgrade them to hit targets 3,500 kilometres away, the Munich-based BND said.
Iran already has Shehab-3 missiles with a range of 1,300 kilometres.
Bild quoted the BND dossier as saying: 'Germany and other parts of Europe could be affected in the medium to long term by the Iranian missile programme.'
It added: 'With longer ranges in the future, combined with the apparent efforts to obtain nuclear warheads, Iran would be in a position to reach all of Israel and parts of central Europe.'
- Dow Jones Newswires reported that U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Friday there is no evidence that Iran intends to back down in a diplomatic standoff over its disputed nuclear program.
- Reuters reported that U.S. President George W. Bush on Friday called Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad an "odd guy."
- Charles Krauthammer, The Washington Post warns us that Iran is arming for Armageddon. A must read,
- Ze'ev Schiff, Ha'aretz examined the question: Is There a Military Option?
- The New York Sun reported that Israel's top general during Operation Iraqi Freedom said: Saddam Hussein moved his chemical weapons to Syria six weeks before the war started.
- Iran Focus reported that Iranian agents in Iraq carried out a widespread campaign of poll manipulation to ensure victory by Shiite groups allied to Tehran.
- IranMania reported that most Israelis want their government to use diplomacy rather than military power.
- Islamic Republic News Agency reported that Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki voiced Iran's concern over the increasing human rights violations of the US.
- Reuters reported that an influential Republican congresswoman expressed frustration on Friday over President George W. Bush's approach to Iran.
- Kiarash Kianmehr, Rooz Online reported that some of the passengers on board the C-130 military transport aircraft that crashed last week died of asphyxiation due to the lack of emergency oxygen on board.
- Maryam Kashani, Rooz Online published several strange accounts of Ahmadinejad's recent trip to Saudi Arabia.
- Phyllis Chesler, FrontPageMagazine published a speech given before the US Senate this past week: Islamic Gender Apartheid.
- A photo that answers the question: Where do the Iranian people get their news?
- And finally, a Cartoon about Ahmadinejad: Mullah's Wild Dog.
Granted that the Reds in France and Germany are not to be relied upon. BUT, if you hadn't noticed, some of those Euroweenies are still considered valuable allies...remember Great Britain? And especially don't forget how much heavy U.S. national security mech...and personnel, happens to be located in these countries. Not to mention our bases in bases in the Middle East (such as Kuwait, UAE, Iraq, etc), or the Indian Ocean at Diego Garcia, or maybe even the Far Pacific, such as Guam...
Based on your cavalier dismissal, you must not care about them either.
Lets do it your way. Lets go in and bomb the crap out of Iran and then let those same Euro-weenies you are so worried about tell us how terrible we are for saving their ass.
I'm sure they would do so. Except, as I pointed out, it isn't just their asses. It's ours too...
So they would be likely even MORE apoplectic about our "cowboy" behavior...
I always liked cowboys....
To read todays thread click here.
Join Us At Today's Iranian Alert Thread The Most Underreported Story Of The Year!
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
"Your handling of the missiles... and letting that Pakistani Khan run all over the place was.......unforgiveable Vladimirov......unforgiveable!!
Each time sanctions were sought against Russia for illegal proliferation the Clinton Administration refused, demanding a level of proof existing only in fairyland, or to those of you in Rio Linda, Barney Frank's district.
Clinton: the gift that keeps on giving.
"Each time sanctions were sought against Russia for illegal proliferation the Clinton Administration refused, demanding a level of proof existing only in fairyland, or to those of you in Rio Linda, Barney Frank's district."
More of the Jake Reno regime conducted by Jamie Gorelicker.
"Clinton: the gift that keeps on giving."
Clinton = the gift from the so pure conservatives who refused to vote for a republican in 1992 and 1996. They were the enablers of the Clintoons, and they are still so proud of these sins against innocent Americans.