Skip to comments.Iranian Alert - August 10, 2006 - Mike Wallace interviews Ahmadinejad
Posted on 08/12/2006 12:10:04 PM PDT by DoctorZIn
Top News Story
Mike Wallace interviews Ahmadinejad.
- CBS News reported that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad sat down with Mike Wallace in Tehran in a rare, exclusive interview. Ahmadinejad said that in response to President Bush's failure to answer his 18-page letter: "Those who refuse to accept an invitation will not have a good ending or fate."
- The entire report will be broadcast on 60 Minutes this Sunday at 7 p.m. ET/PT.
Tehran Bus Union leader released on bail.
- Radio Free Europe reported that imprisoned Mansoor Osanloo, the president of the Syndicate of Workers of the Tehran Bus Company, a prominent leader of Iran's workers movement, was released today from jail on bail after having spent seven months in prison.
Iranian dissident Akbar Mohammadi final letter from prison.
- Rooz Online published excerpts of a letter by Iranian dissident Akbar Mohammadi written days before his murder in prison. In the letter he warned: "I believe authorities are preparing to humiliate and kill me..."
An update on Iranian dissident Ahmad Batebi.
- Iran Watch Canada reported on Mr. Ahmad Batebi's 12th day of his hunger strike in Evin prison.
Iran preparing a new nuclear policy.
- IranMania reported that Iran will announce its new nuclear policy within weeks, following the UN Security Council resolution.
Iran prepared to let the West "shiver with cold."
- MEMRI.org published excerpts from a press conference with Ali Larijani, where he said the Iranian response to sanctions will be painful to the West and will make it shiver with cold. Video.
Ayatollah Jannati: "The UN should be closed."
- MEMRI.org published excerpts from a Tehran Friday Sermon delivered by Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati. He said: "The Security Council is so weak, so impotent, and is so susceptible to pressure that it in incapable of passing any resolution. ... the gates of the UN and the Security Council should be closed." Video.
Is America waiting to be attacked by Iran?
- John Batchelor, The New York Sun considered why is America apparently waiting to be attacked by Iran before acting on the threat?
Is Hezbollah invincible?
- Lee Smith, The Weekly Standard questioned whether Hezbollah is an invincible as the media is making it out to be.
The Azadegan movement.
- Alan Peters, AntiMullah.com reported on the Azadegan opposition movement is an umbrella leadership organization with an untainted record which is helping to unify the Iranian opposition.
Here are a few other news items you may have missed.
- People Daily Online reported that Iran has assured Pakistan that no one from the Baluchistan Liberation Army (BLA), a militants' group banned by Pakistan, will be allowed to take refuge in its border areas.
- Daveed Gartenstein-Ross, The Weekly Standard reviewed George Michael's new book The Enemy of My Enemy: The Alarming Convergence of Militant Islam and the Extreme Right, about the unlikely alliance between Islamic radicals and the neo-Nazi far right.
- Dow Jones Newswires reported that because Iran is ignoring the UNSC resolution on its nuclear program, Japan might have to ditch its plan to secure oil from the massive Azadegan field in Iran.
- Cox & Forkum published a cartoon: First Casualty.
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
Join Us At Today's Iranian Alert Thread The Most Underreported Story Of The Year!
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
Mike Wallace isn't loyal any credo save the dictates of his own warped ego. Wallace publically said he wouldn't lift a finger to warn Americans if they were under immediate threat of attack because he was a "journalist" not an American. This was during the Vietnam war but he wears the same skin today - albeit a lot more wrinkled.
Mike Wallace Says Ahmadinejad a Swell Guy
In an interview with Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Mike Wallace of CBSs Sixty Minutes TV show came away quite impressed. "He's a swell guy, Wallace said. He really is. He's obviously smart as hell. Hes a college professor, for Christs sake. Nobodys smarter than them."
"Granted he wants to wipe Israel off the map, but Im a Jew and he didnt kill me when he had the chance, Wallace continued. Youve got to give him credit for that. I found him an interesting man. He has some intriguing ideas.
One of the intriguing ideas cited by Wallace was Ahmadinejads suggestion that the Jews of Israel could simply be relocated. He suggested that a new homeland for the Jews could be established in Alaska, which I find fascinating," Wallace said. He pointed out that if European Jews had been sent to Madagascar like the Nazis requested, they wouldnt have had to kill them. Youve got to admit he has a point there. And who are we to say that the stonings and hangings havent been a useful weapon in the battle against immorality?
Be sure to catch the part where Mike refers to Israel as the "Zionist entity". I won't be surprised if it turns out he conducted the interview while wearing a kaffiya.
Wallace is not only a traitor to America, he is a traitor to his fellow Jews, because his fawning interview of that Iranian nutcase serves to legitimize the little runt in the eyes of the rest of the world.
As for the quote that Ahmadinejad "didn't kill Wallace when he had the chance", I can only say that Ahmadinejad must be slipping then.
I heard Wallace interviewed on the radio about this a couple of days ago. (He says he, himself, is Jewish...sheesh) He uses the term "Zionist entity" over and over again as if he believes it is something evil. He says Ahmadinejad isn't "anti-Jew", but against the Zionist entity on Muslim land.
What, exactly IS "the Zionist entity", anyway?
Sean was confrontational to a certain extent but probably had to hold back because Wallace's son works for Fox. Chris must be proud of his father. (Your guess is as good as mine).
It's what the radical Muslims say instead of "Israel". I guess using the real name would be too much like acknowledging its legitimacy.
Yes, that's the interview I heard. You're right...Wallace did come across as the senile old man...forgetting what he was talking about...repeating the same sentences over and over to the different questions Sean was asking. Wallace was very sympathetic...almost empathetic with Ahmadinejad.
Yeah, radical Muslims and neo-Nazis...
That sounds like Scrappleface
Its hard to beleive that Mike Wallace was drawn in,duped or hypnotized by the 2nd rising of Hitler in Iran. As an a Jew he is a fool to even come out supporting this guy as a "Nice Guy" or "Average Joe".
Mike has lost it or never had any moral corurage.
I don't see any neo-Nazis interviewed these days. Do they really use "Zionist entity"? I wouldn't have thought those knuckle-draggers even knew the word "entity" much less "Zionist".
There is a boycott planned if CBS airs this show with Iran's dictator/president.
The main reasons: It gives him a platform to influence others; he still vows to kill all Americans and Jews; he still violates the human rights of his own citizens; he violates the UN by continuing his nuclear program; he supports and trains terrorists; we are at war against terrorists, and should support all positive efforts.
We will boycott the advertisers which pay for the airtime, so we believe they should have an option to pull out.
We will boycott CBS for allowing this content, unless they pull it.
Please pass this information on.
Jews that aren't dead yet.
I dunno about that exact phrase, but I know they harp on ZOG which is short for Zionist Organized (or Occupied) Government.
His letter to Bush was an Islamic version of the
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.