Skip to comments.Most Republican governors have broken with their GOP Congressmen - Want stimulus passed
Posted on 01/31/2009 3:38:32 PM PST by Stars&StripesNE
NEW YORK -- Most Republican governors have broken with their GOP colleagues in Congress and are pushing for passage of President Barack Obama's economic aid plan that would send billions to states for education, public works and health care.
Their state treasuries drained by the financial crisis, governors would welcome the money from Capitol Hill, where GOP lawmakers are more skeptical of Obama's spending priorities.
(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...
Yeah its the AP Obama adding the “her share” the AP is so full of crap they can fill hundreds of toilets
The reason why they want stimulus passed?
Check your local newspapers...I live in a small town of about 24,000 and they printed the whole list of pork projects the other day.
The scarey thing is that It had Priorty 1 through Priority 4...they are planning for even more levels of pork.
Governors? They were once the pride of the GOP with innovative and effective policies, incubators of democracy. Now they are beggars at the trough because they REFUSE to make tough decisions of spending cuts.
The leaders of the Party now will be Congressman...things don’t always stay the same, things change. Governors are more like local managers of the all you can eat slough and trough at the mall now.
If there is just one that will lead, that is a person who can rise to great things....alas your beggars instead.
So she is in favor of 4% of the bill and is willing to support the other 96% monstrosity?
If it comes to that, count me in. I’d love to live once again in a nation of people who love our God-given liberty and are willing to take the responsibility required to have it.
As far as I have read, my governor, Rick Perry, is against
No of course not, look we would all love for this bill to be changed and get rid of all the pork, but the dems control congress, they control the senate, it’s gonna be passed, and since she is for that 4 percent of it, she mind as well try to get it, since it’s gonna be passed anyway, she can’t prevent it from not being passed
I give up.
Vote them out. They should be cutting their budgets and workforce. They need to cancel unfilled positions many state and local governments purposely overstate the number of positions just to make budget requests bigger. We have to live within our means what don’t these bureaucrats not understand? We need to take Uncle Sam’s credit card away from them and throw it into a furnace and burn it. If we have any luck many of them will dive in after it and save us the unsavory business of dealing with them again.
They need to stop spending and growing government period. Government needs to be trimmed down to a core that can be sustained with little growth. It is time for them to learn where the line is.
What does Michael Steele say about this?
Hey if she can out tomorrow and said she was for the whole thing believe me I would be the first to jump up and say what the hell is wrong with you, but time and time again she has been asked about the package and she has said in press conferences in Alaska that she is for the infrastructure portion of the bill, she can’t do anything else about the rest. If she were a senator perhaps she could make a difference but she can’t, she is just a governor, she is after the portion that she feels is right, hey she might come out and say the rest of this bill is total garbage, I am waiting for it and will be listening to hear what she has to say instead of “speculation” from the AP Obama
What do you want from gov’t?
We lost the elections, including Congress and the Presidency. The “stimulus” bill is a reality. Whether we like it or not, some form of this porkulus bill is going to pass. Do you expect governors with huge deficits to refuse the money after it’s passed? Palin has called for a hiring freeze and 7% spending CUT in the budget for fiscal 2010. She’s doing her part. Her state relies on the price of oil for a large portion of revenues. If I were governor of AK, I would lobby for spending that is necessary for my state but argue against all the junk in the bill. There is a way to do that. This is the worst downturn in at least 25 years so naturally states will be hurting. Let’s face reality here.
I’m playing “this is the end”
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.