Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Plasma, Solar Outbursts, and the End of the Last Ice Age
The Official Website thereof ^ | prior to July 15, 2011 | Dr. Robert M. Schoch

Posted on 07/15/2011 10:15:16 AM PDT by SunkenCiv

15,000 to 11,000 years ago Earth experienced a series of climatic fluctuations... there was a short cold spell, known as the Younger Dryas, before the final warming and... end of the last ice age. Based on Greenland ice core data, the Younger Dryas began... 10,900 B.C., and its ending... circa 9700 B.C. and may have occurred within an incredible three years... I once hypothesized that comets were responsible. A comet hitting the land or a shallow ocean, or exploding above the land's surface, scattering dust and debris into the atmosphere, would cause global cooling... This pattern fits well with the cooling at 10,900 B.C. and there is evidence of a cometary explosion over North America at this time... comets hitting deep oceans were responsible. A comet might break the thin oceanic crust, releasing heat from the hot magma beneath. Vaporized and displaced water would rain down on Earth, and tsunamis would wash across coastal areas, warming the planet... [But] Plasma hitting the surface of Earth could heat and fuse rock, incinerate flammable materials, melt ice caps, vaporize shallow bodies of water creating an extended deluge of rain, and send the climate into a warming spell. The release of pressure that follows the melting of thousands-of-meters-thick ice sheets can induce earthquakes and even cause hot rock under pressure to melt and erupt to the surface as volcanoes... The plasma event of 9700 B.C. eradicated advanced civilizations and high cultures of the time, and... could be the basis for the nearly universal myth of a Golden Age, a time when beings on Earth had mental abilities far surpassing those of later times. The 9700 B.C. event may be the original basis for the Atlantis legends; the timeframe fits well with Plato's account.

(Excerpt) Read more at robertschoch.com ...

TOPICS: Astronomy; Science
KEYWORDS: catastrophism; globalwarming; maunderminimum; pleistocene; solarflares; youngerdryas
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-76 next last

The Cycle of Cosmic Catastrophes: Flood, Fire, and Famine in the History of Civilization The Cycle of Cosmic Catastrophes:
Flood, Fire, and Famine
in the History of Civilization

by Richard Firestone,
Allen West, and
Simon Warwick-Smith

1 posted on 07/15/2011 10:15:22 AM PDT by SunkenCiv
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: 75thOVI; agrace; aimhigh; Alice in Wonderland; AndrewC; aragorn; aristotleman; Avoiding_Sulla; ...

2 posted on 07/15/2011 10:17:15 AM PDT by SunkenCiv (Yes, as a matter of fact, it is that time again -- https://secure.freerepublic.com/donate/)

To: SunkenCiv

He had me until the part about the humans getting psychic abilities as a result. I couldn’t take the rest of it seriously after that.

3 posted on 07/15/2011 10:30:16 AM PDT by Explorer89 (And now, let the wild rumpus start!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Hmmm ~ didn't I tell you guys last Summer that when you use the air bubble treatment for post surgical adjustment the retina you SEE SOMETHING like what your HDTV looks like on a dead channel, or, if you look at that a while, the Easter island writing.

It goes away once the air bubble is absorbed and the inside of your eye is filled with clear water.

There's absolutely no mystery about the origins of that otherwise mysterious semi-script.

4 posted on 07/15/2011 10:32:43 AM PDT by muawiyah

"Plasma hitting the surface of Earth could heat and fuse rock, incinerate flammable materials, melt ice caps, vaporize shallow bodies of water creating an extended deluge of rain, and send the climate into a warming spell."

So how would people survive this? If the temperatures were high enough to fuse rock, people would certainly flash-fry, right? One of his linked articles cited examples of vitrified buildings from around the globe, so this was apparently a global event.

5 posted on 07/15/2011 10:40:52 AM PDT by Flag_This (Real presidents don't bow.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Thanks much SunkenCiv!

Very interesting!!

6 posted on 07/15/2011 10:47:27 AM PDT by Errant

To: muawiyah

That doesn’t make any sense, but I’m glad you told me again. :’)

7 posted on 07/15/2011 10:50:25 AM PDT by SunkenCiv (Yes, as a matter of fact, it is that time again -- https://secure.freerepublic.com/donate/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: SunkenCiv; Little Bill; Desdemona; Nipfan; carolinablonde; marvlus; DollyCali; markomalley; ...

Beam me to Planet Gore !

8 posted on 07/15/2011 10:52:34 AM PDT by steelyourfaith (If it's "green" ... it's crap !!!)

You gotta’ see it for yourself. This is the one where they do surgery then you get to look straight down for two weeks while an airbubble they’ve pumped into your eye gets absorbed. The retina doesn’t like to look at stuff through air ~ it wants water. So as the water fills up in your eye you get your vision back. In the meantime you see ronga ronga writing!

9 posted on 07/15/2011 10:52:57 AM PDT by muawiyah
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

To: Explorer89

One of his recent books was about parapsychology. My wild guess is, his former associate was the primary influence on him in that regard.

10 posted on 07/15/2011 10:56:56 AM PDT by SunkenCiv (Yes, as a matter of fact, it is that time again -- https://secure.freerepublic.com/donate/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

To: Flag_This; Errant

Depends on where one is standing at the time.

11 posted on 07/15/2011 10:57:45 AM PDT by SunkenCiv (Yes, as a matter of fact, it is that time again -- https://secure.freerepublic.com/donate/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

So the Easter Islanders were doing prehistoric eye surgery? ;’)

12 posted on 07/15/2011 10:58:31 AM PDT by SunkenCiv (Yes, as a matter of fact, it is that time again -- https://secure.freerepublic.com/donate/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

(I threw in a non-fringe title just to see who's nappin')
Cataclysm!: Compelling Evidence of a Cosmic Catastrophe in 9500 B.C. When the Earth Nearly Died: Compelling Evidence of a World Cataclysm 11,500 Years Ago Earth Under Fire: Humanity's Survival of the Apocalypse Earth Under Fire: Humanity's Survival of the Ice Age The Earlier Stone Age Settlement of Scandinavia
Cataclysm!: Compelling Evidence of
a Cosmic Catastrophe in 9500 B.C.

by D. S. Allan and J. B. Delair
When the Earth Nearly Died:
Compelling Evidence of a World
Cataclysm 11,500 Years Ago

by D. S. Allan and J. B. Delair

Hardcover
Earth Under Fire:
Humanity's Survival of the Apocalypse

by Paul A. LaViolette Ph.D.
Earth Under Fire:
Humanity's Survival of the Ice Age

by Paul A. LaViolette Ph.D.
The Earlier Stone Age
Settlement of Scandinavia

by Grahame Clark

13 posted on 07/15/2011 11:15:55 AM PDT by SunkenCiv (Yes, as a matter of fact, it is that time again -- https://secure.freerepublic.com/donate/)

To: SunkenCiv; Alamo-Girl; Amityschild; AngieGal; AnimalLover; Ann de IL; aposiopetic; aragorn; ...

INTERESTING.

THX.

I’d have forced more paragraphing on the OP, though.

14 posted on 07/15/2011 11:16:32 AM PDT by Quix (Times are a changin' INSURE you have believed in your heart & confessed Jesus as Lord Come NtheFlesh)

Correct and much of the human population was wiped out around that time according to studies, including the complete extinction of many large surface mammals.

I'm not sold on the plasma theory but it would explain much, if physicists can prove phenomenon occurs. Certainly major cataclysmic events occur periodically throughout history and something major seems to have occurred around 12,000 years ago, according to ice core studies. Are we due for another? Will it toggle us into another ice age? Will it again wipe out most of the land mammals and many of us? Lots more questions, but that results from seeking answers.

15 posted on 07/15/2011 11:25:39 AM PDT by Errant
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

BTW, I'm sure you know this but for those that don't, it's also a pet theory of Robert Felix.
16 posted on 07/15/2011 11:29:35 AM PDT by Errant

I have heard people say it looks weird.

An air bubble is needed for a repair of a macular hole or retinal detachment/tears in certain locations.

Patients are instructed to keep their heads in a specific position after surgery so the bubble can push against the area which was repaired.

17 posted on 07/15/2011 11:32:23 AM PDT by Protect the Bill of Rights
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

Goofier and goofier. Zero should make him a White House Science Czar

18 posted on 07/15/2011 11:42:39 AM PDT by STD ('Be Ye holy, for I am holy')
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

More likely somebody got a stick in his eye or something and some water drained out. That would allow in air, and the retina recoils from imaging in air. That’s when you see the ranga ranga script.

19 posted on 07/15/2011 12:00:28 PM PDT by muawiyah
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

Voices of the Rocks: A Scientist Looks at Catastrophes and Ancient Civilizations Voyages of the Pyramid Builders: The True Origins of the Pyramids from Lost Egypt to Ancient America Pyramid Quest: Secrets of the Great Pyramid and the Dawn of Civilization
Voices of the Rocks:
A Scientist Looks at Catastrophes and Ancient Civilizations

by Robert M. Schoch
and Robert Aquinas McNally

imported paperback
Voyages of the Pyramid Builders:
The True Origins of the Pyramids
from Lost Egypt to Ancient America

by Robert M. Schoch

Kindle edition
paperback
Pyramid Quest:
Secrets of the Great Pyramid
and the Dawn of Civilization

by Robert M. Schoch

Kindle edition
bargain hardcover

20 posted on 07/15/2011 12:00:52 PM PDT by SunkenCiv (Yes, as a matter of fact, it is that time again -- https://secure.freerepublic.com/donate/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

To: Errant

Thanks, I may have to “friend” him on FB.

21 posted on 07/15/2011 12:03:41 PM PDT by SunkenCiv (Yes, as a matter of fact, it is that time again -- https://secure.freerepublic.com/donate/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

To: Quix

Hey, I went to a lot of work to make it look like that. :’)

22 posted on 07/15/2011 12:03:59 PM PDT by SunkenCiv (Yes, as a matter of fact, it is that time again -- https://secure.freerepublic.com/donate/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

Funny that this never happened anywhere except for Easter Island.

23 posted on 07/15/2011 12:08:28 PM PDT by SunkenCiv (Yes, as a matter of fact, it is that time again -- https://secure.freerepublic.com/donate/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

If something like the above where to happen, caves, inside mountain crevices and cliff overhangs would be the place to stand. :)

There are a number of interesting scriptures that kinda relate and cause one to wonder if they are based on the accounts of survivors of such an event(NIV):

Luke 23:30 Then "'they will say to the mountains, "Fall on us!" and to the hills, "Cover us!"'

Hose 10:8 ...Then they will say to the mountains, “Cover us!” and to the hills, “Fall on us!”

Rev. 6:16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!

24 posted on 07/15/2011 12:08:34 PM PDT by Errant
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

That's not true. Other examples of similar character have been found elsewhere.

The Easter Island material is just the best known. All those archaeologists going there and saying "gee whizz".

25 posted on 07/15/2011 12:14:49 PM PDT by muawiyah
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

To: Explorer89
He had me until the part about the humans getting psychic abilities as a result.

So, you don't believe it's possible? Or, maybe you don't want it to be possible? Or, am I to gather you have studied extensively in this field and found the premise to be beyond the pale? JMHO, but I doubt you have a serious clue about the capabilities of the human mind; past or present.

26 posted on 07/15/2011 12:15:43 PM PDT by ForGod'sSake (You have only two choices: SUBMIT or RESIST with everything you've got!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Click the Magic Fairy Dust!

Your Fairy Godmum Isn't Going to Help
It's Up to You

Give what you can
Or donate monthly, and a sponsoring FReeper will contribute $10

27 posted on 07/15/2011 12:22:18 PM PDT by TheOldLady (FReepmail me to get ON or OFF the ZOT LIGHTNING ping list.)

What I’ve see of Robert Schoch, he appears to be a fairly traditional type. Now this??? Channeling Velikovsky; I like it! We will find the answers outside the uniformitarian box. IMHO of course.

28 posted on 07/15/2011 12:22:30 PM PDT by ForGod'sSake (You have only two choices: SUBMIT or RESIST with everything you've got!!!)

known as the Younger Dryas

I always liked the Younger Niceas myself.

29 posted on 07/15/2011 12:24:03 PM PDT by Lurker (The avalanche has begun. The pebbles no longer have a vote.)

How about just one?

The fact is, Rongorongo is some kind of writing system, just as quipu is a recordkeeping system (and maybe a writing system), but their secret is lost. At least in the case of the Rongorongo its purpose was known to the Easter Islanders themselves, who freely admit that there was never broad literacy in their pre-contact society.

from TES website — [snip] As an adjunct to Garn’s correspondence we take pleasure in presenting a reprint of one of Fell’s most famous Rongo-Rongo decipherments (originally appearing in ESOP, Vol. 19, 1990, pp 278-280). He deciphered the inscription shown in the background of a painting by Paul Gaugin of his Tahitian mistress and entitled “The Many Ancestors of Tehamana.” Fell suggests that the Easter Island script was long known in Tahiti, but concealed from the European administrators of the island. [/snip]

link to a page linking a nice blowup of the Gaugin painting:

http://popstuff-2010.blogspot.com/2010/10/new-gauguin-exhibition-at-tate-modern.html

wiki-wacky discussion:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rongorongo

meanwhile, someone at Omniglot claims it was invented after the Spanish conquest in 1770:
http://www.omniglot.com/writing/rongorongo.htm

30 posted on 07/15/2011 12:52:39 PM PDT by SunkenCiv (Yes, as a matter of fact, it is that time again -- https://secure.freerepublic.com/donate/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

He mentioned that, I’m not sure I left it in the excerpt. Dang that 300 word limit.

31 posted on 07/15/2011 12:55:27 PM PDT by SunkenCiv (Yes, as a matter of fact, it is that time again -- https://secure.freerepublic.com/donate/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

To: ForGod'sSake

He is a trained geologist. I don’t think he’s come ‘round to V’s thinking, I’d have to dig out “Voices of the Rocks”, but I think he’s not receptive to the ideas of WiC. :’) That he knows about, anyway. ;’)

32 posted on 07/15/2011 1:29:26 PM PDT by SunkenCiv (Yes, as a matter of fact, it is that time again -- https://secure.freerepublic.com/donate/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

Oops, I left out Rev. 6:15:

"And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;"

33 posted on 07/15/2011 1:33:31 PM PDT by Errant
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

To: ForGod'sSake
Channeling Velikovsky; I like it!

Worlds in Collision and Ages in Chaos are great reading, whether or not you agree with Velikovsky's premise. He accurately predicted the high surface temperature of Venus in 1950, way before our probes confirmed it.

34 posted on 07/15/2011 3:39:45 PM PDT by JimRed (Excising a cancer before it kills us waters the Tree of Liberty! TERM LIMITS, NOW AND FOREVER!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

I think he’s not receptive to the ideas of WiC. :’) That he knows about, anyway. ;’)

Heh. OR, that he would own up to??? What I know of Schoch is what I've seen on the NatGeo/History/Discovery channels over a period of ~10 years. That said, he seems like a sensible guy, not typically prone to hyperbole or sensationalism. That I've noticed anyway. I don't know if you caught the item in the article about "flybys". In addition to noting the possibility of comet strikes or flybys, he also eluded to "other objects" as a possibility. Just what might they be??? He doesn't elaborate. Without saying so, he very nearly takes a scenario out of WiC, no? He must have serious tenure or has already locked in his financial future to put his career on the line associating himself with catastrophes in recorded history. "V" is probably somewhere smiling.

35 posted on 07/15/2011 4:32:08 PM PDT by ForGod'sSake (You have only two choices: SUBMIT or RESIST with everything you've got!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

To: JimRed
Worlds in Collision and Ages in Chaos are great reading, whether or not you agree with Velikovsky's premise.

Compelling reading! I've read WiC and EiU each twice; once approaching them as novels then re-reading them as "text books". The second readings of course were much more instructive. I've got AiC on my computer and have plans to get around to it -- one of these days. Were it not for the media darling, Carl Sagan, and others in the Scientific Community™ unmercifully berating him, we would probably be farther along in the study of catstrophism.

He accurately predicted the high surface temperature of Venus in 1950, way before our probes confirmed it.

Amongst other predictions; another one that comes to mind is that Jupiter would be found to emit radio waves. "V" challenged the Scientific Community™ to verify his predictions but instead they spent most of their time villifying him. Our loss. I guess their sacred cows were money in the bank and more important than, as technology permitted, rolling up their sleeves researching his numerous predictions. Our government agencies played no small part in it either. The rationale escapes me...

36 posted on 07/15/2011 4:56:15 PM PDT by ForGod'sSake (You have only two choices: SUBMIT or RESIST with everything you've got!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies]

OOPS. It occurs to me Schoch's flyby reference was from a similar but LINKED ARTICLE of his. Beg pardon.
37 posted on 07/15/2011 6:07:28 PM PDT by ForGod'sSake (You have only two choices: SUBMIT or RESIST with everything you've got!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

To: Flag_This
One of his linked articles cited examples of vitrified buildings from around the globe, so this was apparently a global event.

Vitrification: (Ancient Examples of..)

Excerpt - Vitrified ruins have been found Scotland, England, Ireland, France, Turkey, Iran, Germany and elsewhere, however, out of some 100 forts identified throughout the world, more than half are located in Scotland.

Personally find this stuff to be very interesting. My Scottish Clan is one of the Ancient Scottish Clans so it kinda hits home.

38 posted on 07/15/2011 6:11:18 PM PDT by justa-hairyape
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: justa-hairyape
"...however, out of some 100 forts identified throughout the world, more than half are located in Scotland."

I remember first hearing about this a long time ago and the examples given then were pretty much all in the British Isles (thank you for the link, btw). Still, Schoch was talking about glaciers disappearing so rapidly that earthquakes may have occurred - if something happened it must have been over a very wide area.

39 posted on 07/15/2011 7:13:36 PM PDT by Flag_This (Real presidents don't bow.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

Was interesting to read about plasma strikes possibly causing the vitrification. The competing theories to date were - intentionally done with the crafty use of fire; or perhaps they were the remains of a nuclear explosion type of event. So far the theory that they were intentionally done by humans to make the fort stones more defensive to attack seems to be the best explanation, but plasma strikes and correlation with very quick and abrupt climate change is interesting.

On the one hand if most of these forts are in Scotland, it could mean the plasma events were more common in that area or that there just was more of these forts in Scotland at the time.

It is also interesting to note that when the Sarmatian Dal Riada clan invaded Ireland, they claimed the Irish natives could control the weather, according to the surviving legends.

40 posted on 07/15/2011 8:21:02 PM PDT by justa-hairyape
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 39 | View Replies]

The doc's a little late off the mark. Anthony Peratt of Los Alamos National Laboratory has been researching a massive zeta-pinch aurora in antiquity around that time and managing to keep it scientific without any references to ESP abilities. This was following up a suggestion by Thomas Gold about the effects that a massive solar coronal ejection could have on the earth.

List of relevant papers HERE. Look especially at numbers 15, 18, and 25. These are links to pdf files of the papers:
15. A. L. Peratt, Characteristics for the Occurrence of a High-Current, Z-Pinch Aurora as Recorded in Antiquity, Trans. Plasma Sci. v.31, n.6, 2003

18. A. L. Peratt, J. McGovern, A. H. Qöyawayma, M. A. Van der Sluijs, and M. G. Peratt, Characteristics for the Occurrence of a High-Current Z-Pinch Aurora as Recorded in Antiquity Part II: Directionality and Source, Trans. Plasma Sci. v.35, n.4, 2007.

25. A. L. Peratt and W. F. Yao, Evidence for an intense solar outburst in prehistory, Physica Scripta T131, October 2008
They've been doing field work in Canada recently exploring the physical evidence for proton discharge from aurora to the earth's surface. He told me he also has a book in the works.
41 posted on 07/15/2011 8:41:07 PM PDT by aruanan

To: aruanan
Thanks for the links. Yeah, the ESP bit was kinda out there.

FYI - Might want to keep an eye on lighting. Was traveling across the country a few months ago and I ran into the absolute worse lighting storm I have ever seen. Almost unbelievable. Simultaneous strikes all around the vehicle I was driving. And at times the lighting bolt seem to remain for a few seconds. It was at night and the bolts that remained for a few seconds kinda hurt the eyes there were so bright. And I have been seeing quite a few reports about lightning deaths this summer.

42 posted on 07/15/2011 9:18:00 PM PDT by justa-hairyape
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 41 | View Replies]

"So far the theory that they were intentionally done by humans to make the fort stones more defensive to attack seems to be the best explanation, but plasma strikes and correlation with very quick and abrupt climate change is interesting."

I'm thinking it had to have been done deliberately by people - if plasma was the cause, shouldn't there be green glass all over Scotland and not just the occasional vitrified stone fort?

43 posted on 07/15/2011 9:26:26 PM PDT by Flag_This (Real presidents don't bow.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

There would have to be a lot of sand in Scotland for the glass to form. Scotland is very wet and mostly marshes. About the only thing that could survive long term would be the stone forts. Egypt is very dry and loaded with sand. So one would expect the glass to be more prevalent there. Granted back 10,000 years ago the geographic climate would have been different. And no one is claiming the Pyramids are 10,000 years old right ? However, putting a metal capstone on a big pyramid might actually make a good lighting rod :>
44 posted on 07/15/2011 9:37:34 PM PDT by justa-hairyape
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 43 | View Replies]

And at times the lighting bolt seem to remain for a few seconds.

My favorite bolts are the ones that seem to hang there and then break into fragments before disappearing while maintaining the original bolt's form. I've seen this at least 3 times. They're big fat bolts that go directly to earth, not the skinny, snaky, zip-across-the-sky bolts.

Now imagine near-continuous discharges of magnitudes-greater intensity coming down out of an aurora of hitherto unknown extent over a period of perhaps years and confined to certain northerly latitudes. I could see that as being interpreted as being a region under the domination of some freaking powerful gods. No wonder people all over the world were leaving petroglyphs by the millions detailing plasma instabilities (over the south pole), the orientations of which matched their latitude of observation.
45 posted on 07/16/2011 5:44:42 AM PDT by aruanan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

The linked article mentions Göbekli Tepe being deliberately buried - wasn’t Teotihuacan in Mexico also deliberately covered with dirt (I can’t say “buried” because it would be tough to cover a 240’ pyramid)? I thought they had to remove much more accumulated earth than could be explained by natural processes...

46 posted on 07/16/2011 8:57:25 AM PDT by Flag_This (Real presidents don't bow.)

If you were to run with interpreting certain Biblical passages in that light, you'd discover Biblical prophecies that say the same or similar, leading to a conclusion that such occurrences are cyclical in nature and were known, which parallels other belief systems worldwide, that say similar things, but apparently from another perspective.

Jury's still out for me, but a compelling case can be made. How many times has Creation been destroyed and remade, according to some Jewish traditions, seven?

47 posted on 07/16/2011 9:11:12 AM PDT by RegulatorCountry
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

To: RegulatorCountry
Jury's still out for me

I think that's the wise approach. It is those that claim to have it all figured out that one should take the cautious approach with, IMO.

Also IMO, there is much duality in the Bible and for good reason. I'm not sure how best to say it, but things are starting to make more sense to me now. Much still remains unclear and I leave that for later. There are intriguing clues throughout the Bible that offer more insight if you manage to discern them. I believe soon, more of God's mystery will be revealed to the entire world.

The Bible shouldn't be our only guide. Trust in the truth and let your heart be your guide as well. By that path, the Holy Spirit will reveal much to you if you are so inclined.

Keep in mind that we are ALL Pilgrims...

:)

48 posted on 07/16/2011 9:53:28 AM PDT by Errant
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]

To: RegulatorCountry
occurrences are cyclical in nature and were known

As far as cyclical in nature, that is shown to be true in the ice core studies. But what is the cause?

I think the ancients knew what it was but much was lost as it was handed down through the ages. In the end we will we will either figure it out or find it happening all around us. If I'm wrong and it's further out than I think, at least those who follow us will.

49 posted on 07/16/2011 10:05:45 AM PDT by Errant
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]

I’ve had my doubts about the deliberate burial of GT. I hadn’t heard before a similar idea applied to Teotihuacan, so thanks for that.

50 posted on 07/16/2011 12:43:55 PM PDT by SunkenCiv (Yes, as a matter of fact, it is that time again -- https://secure.freerepublic.com/donate/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 46 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-76 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson