Skip to comments.Iranian Alert - August 18, 2006 - The war in Lebanon is just the beginning
Posted on 08/19/2006 1:59:54 PM PDT by DoctorZIn
Top News Story
The war in Lebanon is just the beginning.
- Toronto Star reported that an already fragile ceasefire in the Middle East now appears in greater danger of unraveling, threatened by Hezbollah's refusal to disarm and Israeli charges that Iran and Syria are already rearming its enemy. Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni said: "This war is not over yet."
- TurkishPress reported that Turkey has grounded two Syria-bound Iranian planes over the past month to search for weapons following Israeli intelligence that Iran is supplying rockets to Hezbollah.
- Iran Press News reported that the regime-run Fars news agency reported: “The minister of housing and urban development of the Islamic regime announced that he is ready to rebuild Lebanon."
- Fox News reported that Iran has been attempting to rearm the Lebanon-based terror network Hezbollah since the U.N.-backed cease-fire.
- YNet News reported that Abu Nasser, commander of al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade in Nablus, encouraged by war results said 'Our brothers demonstrated what we have felt in recent years: Israel falling apart. Next time Iran will be in picture with missiles on Tel Aviv and it will be easier'.
The nuclear crisis with Iran is about to enter center stage.
- Reuters reported that the United States expects the United Nations to act swiftly next month and consider sanctions against Iran if it does not drop its nuclear program.
- Forbes reported that the United States intends to act next month to have the United Nations impose penalties on Iran for refusing to suspend its enrichment of uranium.
- Bronwen Maddox, The Times Online reported that the Lebanon crisis has turned up the heat with Iran over its nuclear ambitions. This week has brought new signs that Tehran won’t back down. But Iran has stirred in, too, some mollifying gestures and clearly hopes to play a clever game, one step back from the brink of outright provocation.
- Henry Sokolski, National Review Online argued that the nuclear deal Washington is currently dangling before Iran to entice it to halt its declared uranium-enrichment program is a cure nearly as awful as the disease.
Why the West is running out of time in dealing with Ahmadinejad.
- Patrick Poole, FrontPageMagazine.com examined Ahmadinejad’s apocalyptic faith. A must read.
- Roger Scruton, The Wall Street Journal examined the term "Islamofascism" and that the word provides a convenient way of announcing that you are not against Islam but only against its perversion by the terrorists. But this prompts the question whether terrorism is really as alien to Islam.
- Amil Imani, Persian Journal argued that "useful idiots" are Islam's best soldiers and that this new generation of "useful idiots" also lives in liberal democracies but serves the cause of Islamofascism.
Iran is preparing its children for war.
- Kenneth R. Timmerman, FrontPageMagazine.com reported that a new study of 115 Iranian school textbooks concludes that Iran is preparing its children for war, and is willing to risk massive casualties for the opportunity to defeat America in a world-wide cataclysmic confrontation.
Here are a few other news items you may have missed.
- Forbes reported that Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadi-Nejad's popular support comes from his appeals to social justice and Iranian nationalism. It also reflects working-class anger at the corruption of the past governments. However, the economic news since his election has largely been bad and is likely to cause his support to drop dramatically.
- Iran Press News reported that the regime-run site Aref News wrote: "Some of the diplomats stationed in the German embassy in Tehran with inauguration of their German language training institute were plotting to exploit possible opportunities."
- Iran Press News reported that the Islamic regime once again executed three people on the grounds of the Zahedan prison.
- Iran Press News reported that the regime-run news agency, ILNA, said: “The status of 30 big factories in the province of Gilan is extremely critical and over 7000 workers are in limbo and paying for the [regime’s] erroneous policies of privatization.
- Cox & Forkum published another cartoon: Undeniable.
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
Join Us At Today's Iranian Alert Thread The Most Underreported Story Of The Year!
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
This is going to get real bumpy and mucho uglier, IMO. If we lose the US Congress in November, and the treasonous liberal-demokkkRAT filth start impeachment proceedings, which they are sure to do, it's going to make it doubly-difficult to win this WOi (War On islam).
The Enemy Within will have successfully repeated the *VietNam Model*, without so much as the much-needed 'civil war' in America's streets, to *cleanse the Nation* of the treasonous, seditious filth. With almost 50% voting for Gore and Kerry, it's going to make the 1861-65 Civil War look tame, in comparison.
My anger, hate and rage is once again, fast approaching the *boiling point*.
Am I imagining things are worse than they actually are? Or am I not all alone?
No - Unfortunately, I'm afraid you're not ...
If there were ever a case for bud nipping, this is it. I'm afraid our ever loving quest to constantly be politically correct in our wartime operations is going to get a whole lot of people killed before we really wake up and realize who we are fighting.......and what we have to do to defeat them......
when out in public and around alot of people, what is scarey is that no one has any idea what is happening in the ME
Unfortunately, I've seen the very same thing in small, private, moderate, liberal gatherings. I went to two of them, and walked-out, stunned after short periods. I politely declined all further invitations, except to Conservative gatherings and parties, afterward the eye-opening evenings.
When does the empty-headed, mindless, gutless, spineless madness, end, s_f? Or, doesn't it? Does it just get worse, and we're all headed down the proverbial dumper, just by unlucky virtue of being nearby to the ~49% who voted for Gore and Kerry?
What to do, next... before TSHTF.
"Does it just get worse, and we're all headed down the proverbial dumper"
hell no, won't be that easy
we are going to have to be fighting the fights for not only ourselfs, but for those who won't
time to play cowboy and mooslims
Spc. Chris Carlson had been out of the U.S. Army for two years and was working at Costco in California when he received notice that he was being called back into service. The 24-year-old is one of thousands of soldiers and Marines who have been deployed to Iraq under a policy that allows military leaders to recall troops who have left the service but still have time left on their contract. "I thought it was crazy," said Carlson, who has found himself protecting convoys on Iraq's dangerous roads as part of a New Jersey National Guard...
as anyone can see, the govt is getting tougher, the military is getting tougher....... its past time for the public to get tough and win this thing
"...cowboy and mooslims..."
Ooooooooooooooooooo! I got the Class III Weapons, dude! Mooooselims don't stand a chance, s_f!
Thanks. Great links.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.