Skip to comments.Macy's Goes On the Down Low, Hooks Up With Obama Gay Group for 'Election Year' Campaign
Posted on 06/02/2012 10:01:59 PM PDT by kristinn
While conservative activists have focused on the promotion of gay marriage by store chains J.C. Penny and Target, Macy's has gone under the culture radar in its partnership with the Obama-allied homosexual group, the Human Rights Campaign. The incoming president of HRC, Chad Griffin is an Obama bundler.
You won't see it in Macy's weekly sales circular, and you'd be hard pressed to find it on the front page of the Macy's website, but the Human Rights Camapign is loud and proud in declaring its partnership with Macy's urging customers to purchase "election year" Vote Equality t-shirts with the proceeds going to the Human Rights Camapaign.
Walking in to a local Macy's, one might see a rainbow-hued poster displayed at the entrance with the message "Celebrate Family + Friends, Love + Life, Equality + Respect, Pride + Joy."
Missing from the poster are the words Gay, Lesbian, Bi-sexual and Transgender. And the word Macy's. If one looks closely at the bottom of the poster displayed in the store a tiny Human Rights Campaign logo can be seen.
A click on Macy's Celebrate Diversity web page shows the non-descriptive Pride + Joy image which denotes (June 2012) "National Pride Month", along with other images of Macy's diversity month camapigns.
The (September 2012)Hispanic Heritage Month image reads, "Macy's Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month." The (February 2012) Black History Month image reads, "Macy's Celebrates Black History Month." The (May 2012) Asian Pacific American Heritage Month reads, "Macy's Celebrates Asian Pacific American Heritage Month."
See the pattern? Macy's makes clear to all its customers when they walk in the store that they are proud to associate the Macy's name with Hispanics, Blacks and Asian Pacific Americans. But when it comes to Macy's alliance with the LGBT community and its radical agenda, Macy's goes on the down low with a nod and a wink. Why won't Macy's use a poster that says, "Macy's Celebrates Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual and Transgender Month"? Macy's uses those word deep in its website, but not in public.
The Human Rights Campaign has a photo of a Macy's display promoting the "Vote Equality" campaign:
Again, no obvious mention of promoting homosexuality. Why won't Macy's and the Human Rights Campaign be forthright about their campaign?
According to the Human Rights Campaign, Macy's will feature the "Vote Equality" campaign in only six stores nationwide:
As we kick off LGBT Pride month today, HRC is proud to announce a growing partnership with Macys. The retailer will feature HRC merchandise in its Boston Downtown, Columbus Easton, Los Angeles Beverly Center, Macys Minneapolis, Saint Louis West County and San Francisco Union Square stores throughout the month of June.
Featured merchandise will include a Vote Equality t-shirt, which will be displayed prominently in stores during this election year. One hundred percent of proceeds from the partnership will go to HRCs fight for LGBT equality.
On its web site, if one looks hard enough, Macy's promotion of Gay Pride parades can be found.
Macy's also proclaims, "MACY'S IS PROUD TO CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THE HRC AND ALL ITS INITIATIVES"
Macy's also promotes its work with a suicide prevention group focused on LGBTQ youth.
One can also take the Pride Trivia quiz and maybe win a $100 Macy's gift card. (Who hand-dyed the first Gay Pride flag? What are the colors of the Gay Pride flag?).
The Obama administration is closely allied with the Human Rights Campaign. In addition to having an Obama bundler heading up the group, President Obama spoke at the group's 15th anniversary dinner last year.
Earlier this year, the Obama IRS was accused of leaking confidential tax documents from a traditional marriage group to the Human Rights Camapaign.
This is not the first year of the Macy's Pride + Joy campaign, but Macy's involvement in election year politics encouraging customers to vote for the radical homosexual, lesbian, bisexual and transgender agenda of Obama and the Democrats takes the effort to a new level.
Why are all these major retailers going to these lengths for 3.5% of the population? Are they crazy?
I’ve been boycotting Macy’s ever since they fired a Christian saleswoman who was trying to prevent a man-in-drag from using the women’s dressing room.
And all that money? Straight to the Dem coffers! Just think what good could actually be done with that money to benefit all people.
The poofs and dykes have assumed positions of power in certain fields (design, marketing, etc.) and are now in full-blown (AIDS pun intended) mode to unleash as much havoc on the populace as they can...’cause they see the end of the freak show coming on November 6.
The backlash against the left is going to be very (properly) harsh.
They’re run by liberals, so yes, they are crazy.
This is going to be quite an election year. Obama and the left are succeeding in politicizing the daily shopping experience.
“Why are all these major retailers going to these lengths for 3.5% of the population? Are they crazy?”
The extortion of the Gay Mafia, and a largely-gay media.
Jesse Jackson showed them how to shake-down Companies for REAL MONEY.
The “down low” is now on the “up high” thanks to zero and his faggy “millions”
Yep-—they extort and threaten and they are vicious and vulgar if you don’t bend over (pun intended).
Madsen and Kirk planned this indoctrination in the schools and media in 1990 it went full force. MTV and other shows have been promoting homosexuality to all the useful idiots who watch TV for decades now-—Will and Grace was the first real push to normalize such vile behavior and make it “cute” and “attractive” and market the behavior to teenagers. They are normalizing it through Day of Silence and Sex Ed in schools-—kids have no moral compass and are irrational with the indoctrination-—up is down.
I will never again shop at Macy’s or tune in for their overhyped, overrated, ultra-boring parades.
Damn, I’ve got 3 Macy’s gift cards. Gonna use’em and then quit that b*tch. I don’t need propaganda & culture-jamming when I’m trying to buy clothes/footwear/jewelry/etc. at Macy’s.
The numbers are not in their favor, anyway! It’s a small (>10% by far) segment of the population.
Notice the androgyny in the manikins-—Marxists want to make men and women interchangeable——so they can destroy the family unit—it is radical egalitarianism-—the State will raise the children.
Note all the push for little girls to be boys to be girls—or whatever. Confusion is forced on children so they can never be rational. They are taught truth is a lie. They are being fed moral relativism where there is no Right and Wrong except what the State tells them. They will be easily led and manipulated because they will be unable to recognize Truth.
Read Brave New World and 1984 to get a glimpse of the ugly, drab world, these Marxists and Macy’s are trying to foist on the population. This is brainwashing and conditioning into the Brave New World.
I don’t remember any laws that say homosexuals can’t vote.
Cutting up my Macy’s cards now.
To sell clothes.
Most homos don't shop at Macy's, Target, or JCP, since most homos make pretty good money and can afford to shop at higher priced stores, and PREFER the BETTER QUALITY. Homosexuals are pretty picky when it comes to 'clothes'.
It is actually less 1.8% of the population is homosexual. It is a bit higher in Liberal big cities. Even in San Francisco, I doubt the population is more than 3% gay.
This has been planned for years and carried out nearly as long. All one need do is read the following.
People make every excuse to not believe their own eyes in America, but history is what it is.
Congressional RecordAppendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordmans request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following Current Communist Goals, which she identifies as an excerpt from The Naked Communist, by Cleon Skousen:
[From The Naked Communist, by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchevs promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them censorship and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as normal, natural, healthy.
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with social religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a religious crutch.
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of separation of church and state.
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the common man.
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the big picture. Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the cultureeducation, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use united force to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
Maybe it will, but the celebration on our side won't last long. In 2010 remember all the great things we were told a Republican House would do?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.