Skip to comments.Scarlett Johansson's New Movie Is Based on One of the Biggest Scientific Myths of All Time (Lucy)
Posted on 08/03/2014 10:42:01 AM PDT by EveningStar
The reviews aren't yet in for Scarlett Johansson's new movie Lucy, but a single viewing of the trailer is enough to give the film a resounding "two thumbs down" on science...
The idea that humans only use 10% of their brains is a complete, utter, and total myth. Lucy is entirely premised on neuroscientific BS...
(Excerpt) Read more at realclearscience.com ...
I’ve often wondered about the 10% claim. I was thinking maybe the remaining 90% was operating system.
It would require a TON of system resources to design something as complex as the human anatomy that runs with total autonomy but instantly sends a notification to your conscious brain when you feel a mosquito on your leg or something...
"We moved our base camp last night and were now positioned literally
within feet of the river. Have been sitting here watching the border
patrol patrolling in their riverboats all night and all morning..."
I think there’s a reason why this movie falls into the category “Science Fiction” but somehow it escapes me.........I’m sure it’ll come to me later.
I saw the movie. It was average.
She's got a great bod, and as a Hollywood lib, she probably is only capable of using 10% of her brain, but the truth is that most people use much more.
She’s not very pretty, is she.
I agree with you, but whenever I say that, I am told that women cannot fairly judge other women.....whatever.
If the 10% myth was true, the below headline would be fairly common.
“The victim was shot in the head, but he’s perfectly fine, the bullet hit the 90% of his brain doesn’t use.”
They don’t make documentaries in Hollywood.
With Hollywood, I apply the Napoleonic Code, a film is scientifically false until it proves otherwise. This test is seldom met and then is generally for historical pictures like "Apollo 13" and the like. Assume that and you won't be crushed hearing whooshing noises in space and banking turns by space-craft.
I’m quite sure that human beings don’t even use 1% of their brains.
It seems to me that the rejection of the 10% myth is a mere quibble in the face of the outrageous and entirely unphysical abilities that are depicted, however supposedly obtained.
It’s hard to even call these “mystical”, since they are nothing but cinematic fantasy. They are so outrageous that I have to immediately turn to political allegory to find a motivating idea behind the movie. In a nutshell, it is the enduring claim of the Left, “We will bury you.”
Meh, she just lays there.
A retarded man undergoes an experiment that gives him the intelligence of a genius.
Cliff Robertson got the best actor Oscar for his performance in the title role.
Overtasking your 10% eh?
Evidently, many of us are using ten times as much brain as the average liberal. So the theory is partly true.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.