Skip to comments.It is getting better. Check this out [Truthout trying to hide stealing a fraudulent article]
Posted on 07/09/2003 6:26:23 PM PDT by William McKinley
I am having a back and forth with Japan Today regarding their publishing of an article which appeared in Capitol Hill Blue that has subsequently been exposed to be false.
Japan Today did not get the article from Capitol Hill Blue though. They got it from Truthout.org, a leftist propaganda outfit.
I wanted to see if Truthout.org even had the story up on their site. I went to their main page, Truthout.org and checked. Nothing. I noticed a search box up at the top. So I took a phrase from the original article, sought significant quantities and hit search.
Here is what the resulting page looked like:
Notice that the third result is a match for Doug Thompson's article.
Search results for 'sought and significant and quantities'
Documents 1 - 10 of 18 matches. More 's indicate a better match.
- t r u t h o u t - Iraq Attacks Wound Seven U.S. Soldiers
- ... threat posed by Saddam in the run-up to the war. And the White House acknowledged Bush was incorrect when he said in January that Iraq recently had sought significant quantities of uranium in Africa. (In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those ...
http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/070903D.shtml 07/08/03, 11552 bytes
- t r u t h o u t - Robert Scheer | A Diplomat's Undiplomatic Truth: They Lied
- ... uranium connection as a major justification for rushing the nation to war: "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium in Africa." What the president did not say was that the British were relying on their intelligence white paper ...
http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/070903C.shtml 07/08/03, 12192 bytes
- t r u t h o u t - White House Admits Lying About Iraq Nukes
- ... weeks of denial, the White House Monday finally admitted President Bush lied in his January State of the Union Address when he claimed Iraq had sought significant quantities of uranium in Africa. The acknowledgment came as a British parliamentary commission questioned the reliability of ...
http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/070903A.shtml 07/08/03, 24043 bytes
- t r u t h o u t - US Ambassador: 'Nuclear Report Ignored' By Administration
- ... . Bush, in his State of the Union speech on Jan. 23, declared that "the British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." After Bush's speech, Wilson said he contacted the State Department, noted that the ...
http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/070803E.shtml 07/07/03, 15966 bytes
- t r u t h o u t - The Selling of the Iraq War
- ... choice about the most important question a nation faces: whether or not to go to war. That is exactly what the Bush administration did when it sought to convince the public and Congress that the United States should go to war with Iraq. From late August 2002 to mid-March of this year ...
http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/070703A.shtml 07/06/03, 55335 bytes
- t r u t h o u t - Diplomat: British Ministers Knew Evidence was Forged
- ... office of the Vice-President, Dick Cheney. During eight days in Niger he discovered it was impossible for Iraq to have been buying the quantities of uranium alleged. "My report was very unequivocal," he said. He also learnt that the signatures of officials vital to any transaction ...
http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/070103B.shtml 06/30/03, 12799 bytes
- t r u t h o u t - 10 Appalling Lies We Were Told About Iraq
- ... to the occasional lie of expediency but, in fact, almost never told the truth. What follows are just the most outrageous and significant of the dozens of outright lies uttered by Bush and his top officials over the past year in what amounts to a systematic campaign to scare the bejeezus ...
http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/062903G.shtml 06/28/03, 16884 bytes
- t r u t h o u t - Serious Questions for Tony Blair
- ... was attempting to build nuclear weapons that could pose a threat to the West. The Government has stood by reports that Iraq "sought the supply of significant quantities of uranium from Africa". British officials say the intelligence was based on multiple sources, despite the IAEA ...
http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/062703G.shtml 06/26/03, 13840 bytes
- t r u t h o u t - Byrd: 'The Road to Coverup is the Road to Ruin'
- ... the President who appears to me to be intent on revising history. There is an abundance of clear and unmistakable evidence that the Administration sought to portray Iraq as a direct and deadly threat to the American people. But there is a great difference between the hand-picked intelligence that was ...
http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/062503A.shtml 06/24/03, 22919 bytes
- t r u t h o u t - Rep. Waxman | Forged Iraq WMD Evidence
- ... on This Week, you repeated this statement, claiming that you made multiple inquiries of the intelligence agencies regarding the allegation that Iraq sought to obtain uranium from an African country. You stated: George, somebody, somebody down may have known. But I will tell you that when ...
http://www.truthout.org/docs_03/061303B.shtml 06/13/03, 19626 bytes
But wait, there's more.
I click on it- and what do I find? It now goes to a completely different article, from the Washington Post. In other words, they had it up, and they took it down to make it look like they didn't have it.
Unfortunately for them, their search engine's cache still has it. At least for the time being. Others should replicate what I have done here for verification. I am sure they will be 'fixing' this slip up hastily.
Gee, I wonder why.
That is very interesting.
Given who was in charge of hiring between 1993 and 2001, probably not. Plenty of moles left, I'm sure.
Source With No Name
On the first part of the story
I was looking at all the lies
There were slants and slurs and knocks and zings
There were plants and shills and stings
The first thing I met was a fly with a buzz
And this guy in cheap shades
The heat was hot and the ground was dry
But the air was full of sound
I've been through the newsroom on a source with no name
It felt good to handed my fame
In the newsroom you can remember your name
'Cause ol' C-N-N won't give you no pain..." - PhilDragoo
See post #72 in the new "Games People Play" thread.
Doug Thompson, founder of Capital Hill Blue, in critical condition
Dan Casey’s Blog ^
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:00:35 PM by AppyPappy
Doug Thompson, who many of us old-timers remember from the Clinton years, is in critical condition after hitting a cow while Doug was riding his motorcycle.
Doug was a player in the anti-Clinton campaign with his website Capital Hill Blue. CHB was frequently cited on FreeRepublic during those years. He has since become a big broken-glass Democrat and retired to Floyd County to pursue photography.
I'm wondering if there is going to be another twist...Mark my words. CHB's Doug Thomas's recent run-in with the cow refreshed my memory. Cows are random players but reliable obstacles.
Does this thread topic remind you of anything currently going on overseas, that involves WMDs? Or anything in DC for that matter. They both involve sex scandals, too. And they both involve Iraq, the UK, Palestinians, al Qaeda, the progressive wing of the Democrat Party, Colin Powell, the Turkish group IHH, bad filmmaking, coincidental dates in September 2001, and mysterious guys from Los Angeles with alias Marc or Mike.
As a sidenote, Cap Hill Blue's Doug Thompson, in this old story involving UNSCOM's Scott Ritter, has very recently ended up in critical condition after an unfortunate random spontaneous incident... bovine intervention. I can't help but wonder if there is more there... there. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/943322/posts?page=159#159
The last I remember seeing Doug Thompson here was when he apologized profusely for... something... Plagiarism? Fabricating/stealing a story? Allowing himself to get conned? I wish I could remember. Anyway, Doug then dropped off the face of the earth.
Okay. Here is Doug’s posting history here, right up until he disappeared. It seems he went a little off the deep end.
Yes, it’s a familiar dynamic, with some of the same players.
And after 3 years, Doug’s returned after the horrible run in with the Beeve .... just in time for the 2016 election campaign season:
Doug Thompson returns
September 2, 2015 | by DOUG THOMPSON
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.