Skip to comments.Adam Weinstein: Arrest Climate Change Deniers
Posted on 04/02/2014 4:59:40 AM PDT by LeoMcNeil
The Earth hasnt warmed in 17 years. The Arctic ice cap havent melted by 2013 as Al Gore suggested in 2007. Instead like the Antarctic ice cap it has grown. Nearly every computer model created by global warming scientists has turned out to be a massive exaggeration if not outright false. Despite all of this the UN has doubled down on their extremist global warming/climate change theories. Meanwhile Adam Weinstein of Gawker wants to imprison climate change deniers. Rather than have a spirited scientific debate, Weinstein wants the matter declared settled science. As George Will mused several months back, when politicians declare science settled theyve lost. That ought to be extended to political operatives.
(Excerpt) Read more at leomcneil.net ...
The flat earthers in the past imprisoned and even executed people who denied their settled science too!
what’s old is new again it seems.
And they call conservatives extremists!
Time to arrest those who want to arrest people who won’t believe climate agit-prop.
It’s settled science.
“And they call conservatives extremists!”
They have turned the language upside down just as Rand said they would. Repeat something your grandfather considered to be as obvious as saying the Sun rises in the East and you are an “extremist”, say something your grandfather considered to be insanity and you are a “progressive”. What it really amounts to is that they are saying that within my lifetime which began during WWII everything changed, what used to be false is true, what used to be true is false and the people who were considered crazy then were the only ones who had it right.
Like some European countries that outlaw denying that the Holocaust took place.
What seems to have caused you to excerpt your own blog?
burn the heretics
“Adam Weinstein of Gawker wants to imprison climate change deniers.”
OK Adam, how about showing up here with your arrest warrant. I personally guarantee you will not have to worry about being “air conditioned”.
I think he means the ATF SWAT team should do it.
Libs don't like to get their own hands dirty.
Actually, the scammers should be arrested.
Want to make one of their heads explode? Ask them some of these questions:
1. Given numerous periods in Earth’s history of significantly warmer and colder climates, why are the climate observations during minuscule time when mankind could measure accurately considered the “right” climate for all time?
1a. Similarly, given sea-life fossils uncovered miles upon miles inland across the globe, why are the current ocean levels and shorelines the “right” ones to maintain forever? And can we?
2. The scientific community’s “consensus” has generated models with dire predictions for warming, rising oceans, increases in the number and severity of hurricanes and tornadoes. 99.9% of these models failed to predict the what actually occurred: no statistically significant warming for 15+ years; reductions in the number and severity of hurricanes and tornadoes over this period; and restoration of ice-shelfs and glaciers through colder than normal winters in the Arctic and Antarctic regions. Why should we believe their models now?
3. What is the cost - literally and figuratively - of remediation efforts to eliminate or reverse man-caused climate effects? What happens if, for example, Americans tax themselves heavily, while China (for example) continues unabated?
4. Could monies spent on climate-change research and remediation save more lives and improve human longevity if spent on things like cancer research, anti-terrorism efforts? How many have died because of limits on spending in these areas due to climate research spending?
5. If the globe warms, won’t deaths due to severe winter calamities be reduced? Fewer car-wrecks on iced-over highways; fewer people freezing in the homes when they can’t afford to heat them?
6. If the globe warms, won’t the global capacity for crops be enhanced, as more land will be suitable for farming? Won’t this help with efforts to combat starvation?
If could go on and on ...
Belief in global warming/climate change is a religious belief and as such has no place in government. Separation of church and state, don’t you know?
Your website, your article, your post. Yet you need to excerpt it ?
I think that's called "trolling for hits".
Just in case there was/is any doubt that these leftists are fascists, seeking to impose/mandate their religion on everyone else.
While I think he is a lunatic for suggesting that, I DO NOT think it would be unfair to suggest jail for ‘climate change’ HOAXERS.
We are spending $billions on claimed results from falsified data.
Is sensuouscurmudgeon a screed against religion?
> The Arctic ice cap havent melted by 2013 as Al Gore suggested in 2007.
Adam W is “of Gawker”, iow, he doesn’t hold a job. Thanks LeoMcNeil.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.